You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

#affinityphotoillustration

Henry Stahle

Hi, I just started a new hashtag on Instagram: #affinityphotoillustration. I decided to do that because I am working on a picture book / app starting to use Affinity Photo instead of Photoshop. I will show some of my illustrations, all bitmap, no vectors, done in AP. It would be nice to see more illustrators using AP presenting art under the same #affinityphotoillustration tag. To get to now about you, to learn how you use this software and to get inspired from each other. See you on Instagram!

Screenshot_20171102-214712-01.jpeg

So far... nine illustrations made using Affinity Photo (and a little Designer). They are to be found on my Instagram (henrystahle) and I am using #affinityphotoillustration to show they are basicly all bitmap illustrations. The latest are from my recent project, an interactive app for Android and iOS. Me as an illustrator + a coder (LUA + Corona) that also animates and such. In Affinity I can use the slicing function for exporting, that is a big thing, it makes the work work, and easy exporting... :) Happy for that.

Screenshot_20171108-093331.jpg

Love your style!

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

Looks great Henry, I especially like the feeling in the bird image, the black and white and the depth of field. I find the man with the scarf a little outside of the style, probably because of the addition of linework, but still all really great stuff! Love the painterly feel.

Aammppaa Cealcrest GarryP retrograde , thank you for commenting!

I am not the kind of illustrator that keep within a limited style. I use different ways of expressing myself in my pictures. Sometimes I use ink, ink and wash, acrylics, watercolour, sometimes colour pencils, graphite, digital bitmap tools and vectors, animation, video or photography, even clay and other sculpture material.... I got no style :) 

What I do is trying to tell some kind of stories using the means and materials that are at hand for the moment. Affinity Photo and Designer are such a great combination of software. I have experimented some to find out how to use them. Now I know most of it.  I use them all the time now. Great software. 

On 11/14/2017 at 8:40 AM, Henry Stahle said:

Aammppaa Cealcrest GarryP retrograde , thank you for commenting!

I am not the kind of illustrator that keep within a limited style. I use different ways of expressing myself in my pictures. Sometimes I use ink, ink and wash, acrylics, watercolour, sometimes colour pencils, graphite, digital bitmap tools and vectors, animation, video or photography, even clay and other sculpture material.... I got no style :) 

What I do is trying to tell some kind of stories using the means and materials that are at hand for the moment. Affinity Photo and Designer are such a great combination of software. I have experimented some to find out how to use them. Now I know most of it.  I use them all the time now. Great software. 

Same here, my 'style' is certainly "eclectic"

Henry Cool style and colors. Oh wait you say you have no style ?

Sure you have one and a great one :D.

Oh btw, could you tell us a bit more about the brushes you're using within affinity photo ? And now i'm curious about that interactive app !

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/11/2017 at 9:46 PM, Henry Stahle said:

Hi, I just started a new hashtag on Instagram: #affinityphotoillustration. I decided to do that because I am working on a picture book / app starting to use Affinity Photo instead of Photoshop. I will show some of my illustrations, all bitmap, no vectors, done in AP. It would be nice to see more illustrators using AP presenting art under the same #affinityphotoillustration tag. To get to now about you, to learn how you use this software and to get inspired from each other. See you on Instagram!

Screenshot_20171102-214712-01.jpeg