You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush stabilisation Affinity designer vector

Hi, 

just updated Affinity Designer (and Photo) and tried the brush stabilisation with Designer in vector mode, does not seem to run smooth. My Mac is a 2012 mini 2,3 quad core, not the newest machine, but can´t imagine it has to do with the hardware. See the video, how it jumps ........  any other experiences about that?

affinity_gehoppse.mov

From your video it looks like the smoothing is working… the rope is trailing behind the mouse dragging the line as it is supposed to.

However the performance looks very poor (unless it is some artifact of the video) - the line drawing should not skip and jump like that.

Does the performance become smooth if you turn off the stabilizer? Any difference between Rope and Window modes?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff

Hi Kobold,

I'm running a similar system here - Mac Mini (Late 2012) 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7 (8GB RAM) - and it works quite well for me (very smooth). Can you please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application from Launchpad (or the applications folder, whatever) then select Clear from the dialog that will appear to reset the app? You may lose some prefs/layout customisation you may have made but it may help to fix the issue. Let us know how it goes.