You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November 2017)

I am confused.  I have the latest update to AP on my MBP running the latest High Sierra update.  I had turned off the Welcome screen in AP long ago but when I try to turn it back on for these free add on's, I select Help and dont see Welcome anywhere, I searched for Welcome Screen in the Help topics and it says No Results.  Where do I go from here?

• Staff
8 minutes ago, PhotoNewbie said:

I am confused.  I have the latest update to AP on my MBP running the latest High Sierra update.  I had turned off the Welcome screen in AP long ago but when I try to turn it back on for these free add on's, I select Help and dont see Welcome anywhere, I searched for Welcome Screen in the Help topics and it says No Results.  Where do I go from here?

Help is (also) a top level menu item at the top of the screen,

Files, Edit, Text, Document, Layer, Select, Arrange, Filters, View, Window, Help

Within that Help menu there are options

Help...

Welcome...

Tutorials

Support

About

Choose Welcome... from the Help top level menu

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I was able to download fine. But there are 2 issues:

1) I never received an email giving me my product codes and they are not listed in my Affinity account online.

2) When I try to unzip the Dirk... package I get the message "You need to supply the filename encoding to open this archive" and I'm given a list of languages, none of which are English. There are many "Western" ones to choose, but I have no idea which one to pick.

I'm on a MBP using Sierra 10.12.6 and using "The Unarchiver" to unzip the packages.

I'm not too computer savvy, so I appreciate any assistance given.

1. You should have received an order confirmation email with your order number, a summary list of the items ordered, & the text "This is a free complimentary order" in it, but there are no product codes for the bonus content, & none needed. Check your email for an item from "Affinity Store" (no-reply@affinity.store).

2. There is no need to use a third party utility like the Unarchiver to unzip the files. The Archive Utility app built into the Mac OS will unzip zip files without asking for any user input. If you have set the Unarchiver app as the default to open .zip files, you can unzip the dirk-wustenhagen-fine-art-texture-collection.zip file by right clicking on it & choosing "Archive Utility app" from the "Open with ..." item in the menu that pops up.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

22 minutes ago, R C-R said:

1. You should have received an order confirmation email with your order number, a summary list of the items ordered, & the text "This is a free complimentary order" in it, but there are no product codes for the bonus content, & none needed. Check your email for an item from "Affinity Store" (no-reply@affinity.store).

2. There is no need to use a third party utility like the Unarchiver to unzip the files. The Archive Utility app built into the Mac OS will unzip zip files without asking for any user input. If you have set the Unarchiver app as the default to open .zip files, you can unzip the dirk-wustenhagen-fine-art-texture-collection.zip file by right clicking on it & choosing "Archive Utility app" from the "Open with ..." item in the menu that pops up.

Fantastic! Thank you. That solves my problems. I appreciate your help. Have a great day.

On 6.11.2017 at 1:10 PM, MEB said:

Hi @voitek,

As far as i know, they are all in the Downloads section in the Affinity Store.

That's not true for me. I only have access to the Windows release bonuses through the link in the email sent after purchasing Designer(daub essentials, the box set) and Photo (macro pack). It would be nice to have it all in one place.

screenshot-mail.google.com-2017-11-08-13-23-04-899.pngssss.thumb.png.8497f1f8bd82882a3490a279a09726b9.png

• Staff

Hi @voitek,

Sorry about the confusion. I though you were talking about extras included with the recent 1.6 version (completely missed the names of the extras you mentioned). The previous offers are only available through the links provided in the order confirmation e-mails (except the Grade UI kit and the Free Macro Pack which are accessible through the Affinity Store/also made available for 1.6 users). I believe the remaining items (DAUB Essentials, The Box Set) were exclusive to Windows users (when we launched v1.5) so i'm not sure this can be done. I will try to know if this is possible or not and will get back to you soon.

Hi, I was unaware that there had been an update to Affinity Photo until I opened dpreview's weekly newsletter this morning. Excitedly, I then attempted to find some sense as to how to catch-up and download 1.6 from iTunes and then your site here. To no avail. The 'welcome screen' does not display the 'free offer' etc. Am also a little perplexed by your advice to 'give your software firewall clearance' : I've had this mac since late 2009 and Affinity works fine on it, but am clueless as to why I ought to be aware of a 'firewall', for I have never come across it or sought it out. 

Another thought occurs to me as I wonder if my macbook's old-hat now and that Affinity 1.6 won't be compatible with El Cap, which is the latest OS that mac permits on my machine.

I'd appreciate any pointers.

• Staff

Hi @voitek,

Just an update regarding previous offers/Affinity Store: there's no plans to add the previous offers to the Affinity Store. You have to get them through the link provided in the order confirmation e-mail(s) which are still valid/working.

@Mercsport,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To update the program go to the Mac App Store, Updates tab on top then click the Update button in front of the app in the list below. The firewall advice only applies to those running firewall or similar software. Affinity Photo is compatible with El Capitan.

@Mercsport

1. To update Affinity Photo you use the Mac App Store app ("App Store..." on the Apple menu), not iTunes. This is the same app you used when you bought AP originally. Sign into the store with the same Apple ID you used when you purchased it & click on the "Updates" tab.

2. The free offer will appear on the Welcome screen only after you update AP.

3. The updated version runs fine on El Capitan.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks MEB and RC-R for your consideration of my dilemma.

I did as instructed and went into the App Store, signed in, clicked the updates tab at top of screen, but only brought up the screen informing me of the updates installed within the last 30 days - 3 Safari fixes and a Yoink installed automatically and everything up to date. That's all. The colourful header picture invites me to update to Sierra. I'd like to do that but it rejects me at that point because my MBP is a month older than Apple's support for it (one of Apple's charming points - short working life before near obsolescence). I then clicked on 'Purchased' which brought up a long list with AP at the top: clicking on that only opens AP and the welcome screen which informs only of what's always there.

Still somewhat perplexed, but I appreciated your pointers. Thanks.

Hello MEB, 

No, I have not got around to having a look at AD as yet. Am only a sporadic user of AP, despite it being a godsend after a few years of forking out for Adobe's CC but using it only for a handful of hours per annum. For enjoyment really, am retired, and don't use it for work.

• Staff

Hi Mercsport,

Somehow i thought you were having trouble updating Affinity Designer, sorry the mess.

Just to clear things up: were you able to update Affinity Photo to the latest version (1.6.6) already?

Does the update appears in the Updates section in the Mac App Store? If not, sign-out and try sign-in again in the Mac App Store.

Hi MEB, 

Just got back. Yep, I did all that you had suggested, including signing in and out of the App Store and AP, perhaps a couple of times at least. Nothing has changed, there is no suggestion of an update to be had. Clicking 'Purchased' just lines up all my apps in a vertical column, and only indicates which are open, installed, or ready to be installed - I think? - if memory serves me. 

Ciao

5a04bc76b7477_ScreenShot2017-11-09at20_35_43.thumb.png.2b9875d540423df6f65f65d94a84c027.png

3 hours ago, Mercsport said:

MEB: forgot to declare that I'm running El Cap version 11.0.1 and my AP is version 1.5.2

From your screenshot, you are running Safari 11.0.1 & El Capitan 10.11.6.

Affinity Photo 

Hello MEB,

Excuse the delay in getting back to you - bed beckoned, and then the day's 'affairs' intruded.

Anyway the upside is that your suggestion of the re-install worked perfectly and I'm running AP 1.6 at last. It seemed so obvious now. The only odd thing was when I dived in to download the bonus freebies  I had to sign out and in again before it accepted me as okay to go. At any rate I'm good to go now - I hope. As an infrequent user I'll likely haunt these pages again in the future. 

Once again, thanks for your invaluable help. 

Cheers

Hi Guys

I just updated to v1.6 and downloaded the 3 extra content packs.  however, after looking at the how to install video, I cannot get either method to work.  If I opt for the download macros from the library module and navigate to where they are on my computer, they do not show in the explorer window.

If I try to drag 'n drop the macro from the folder on my computer onto an image, nothing happens.

What an I doing wrong?

13 hours ago, Graham Owen said:

If I opt for the download macros from the library module and navigate to where they are on my computer, they do not show in the explorer window.

I assume you mean the "Import Macros..." item on the Library Studio panel. When the Explorer window opens, can you navigate to the folder where the unzipped content files are located? If so, look for items with an .afmacros extension.

13 hours ago, Graham Owen said:

If I try to drag 'n drop the macro from the folder on my computer onto an image, nothing happens.

You must drag the .afmacros file onto the application icon, not onto a document.

Affinity Photo