You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November 2017)

• Staff

OFER EXPIRED! Please be aware that this post makes reference to an offer that expired in November 2017

Finding the Offer

If you Purchase Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo for Desktop (Mac or Windows, not iPad) OR you already own Affinity on Mac or Windows, then you can also download the free content in the launch offer by updating Affinity to 1.6 and click the "Claim Now" button in the Welcome screen. The offer is only open until November 16th, so hurry up 

First Update the software to 1.6.x. Mac software bought from the Mac App Store (MAS) is updated through the MAS update tab.

Windows software can be updated by running the App and pressing Download when prompted about the newer version.

Once you have installed the update, run the Affinity software (Designer or Photo) and the splash screen shows briefly, followed by the Welcome screen that looks like this

Affinity Photo Welcome Screen

FreePhoto.jpg

Affinity Designer Welcome Screen

DesignerFree.jpg

If you have the Welcome screen turned off (in Preferences) then you can still access the Welcome screen from the Help menu > "Welcome..." option

IF YOU CANNOT SEE THE SCROLLING OFFER, you will need to give your software firewall clearance in order to see the pages that looks like these attachments. On Windows you may also need to install Internet Explorer 10 or above. Some customers report they have needed to disable VPN networksIf that does not work and you are using the purchased version (not trial or beta) then please add to this thread and we will try to help. 

Claiming Your Content

Once you have clicked on the "Claim Now" in the software Welcome screen you will be taken to the Affinity Store (a shopping basket on our website) called "Your Order Summary", from which you can claim your content. Simply make an account by using the "NEW TO AFFINITY?" option on the store as you claim your content. (If you happen to have an account the New to affinity option will tell you anyway, so everyone can use that optionThe free content will be added to the Downloads Section of your account and can be seen in future in your Affinity Store Order History.

IMPORTANT

You will ONLY have an Affinity Store account if you have bought the Windows version of Affinity Designer or the Windows version of Affinity Photo or the Affinity Designer Workbook from our site Affinity.Store.

If you bought the Mac version from the Mac App Store you need to create an Affinity Store account to claim the free content. Purchases from the Mac App Store (MAS) are ONLY in Apple's database and Affinity Mac owners DO NOT have an automatic Affinity Store account.

A forum account is not an Affinity Store account, so if that's all you have you will need to create an account too.

A Serif legacy account (used to buy the Plus range) is NOT an affinity store account, the databases are 100%independent. 

Installing the Content

Once you have downloaded the free content each zip file has instructions in an included PDF as to how to install it or use it in the appropriate Affinity application. Each one is different. As well as being inside the Zip files, you can also find these Quick start guides in English and German linked to in this resources post

For the Photo Content there is also a video on the Uplift Epic Skies collection here https://vimeo.com/240834026

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just downloaded the update for the iPad but never received the link to the free content.  When I go to the Affinity Store to set up an account, the only access is for windows.  How do I access the free content? Is it not included with the iPad version?

• Staff
1 hour ago, iainhcreative said:

Hey - changed the language as suggested but still no offer displays. How to get around this?

Thanks in advance!

Iain

What OS and what version of Internet Explorer are you using please 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Good morning,

I bought 1.5 first and now the new 1.6 version of affinity photo and designer. I downloaded the new 1.6 with free contets directly from your website, but when I try to install the macros in Photo I receive an error (attached).

In A designer I import brushes but I can't see and use its.

How can I solve the problems?

Thanks

screen afinity.jpg

screen designer.jpg

• Staff

Hi @daKroad,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

From which panel are you importing the Macros? You have to use the Library panel to import a set of macros (.afmacros files) - NOT the Macro panel. To open the Library Panel go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library then use the menu icon on the top right of the panel to import the .macros file. Let us k now if it still displays the error.

Hi @alanj49,

Are you using a Mac or Windows computer? You may not have an Affinity Store account yet if you are a Mac user since we don't sell the mac version of our applications there.

Have you bought the Affinity Designer Workbook throught the Affinity Store (the only other product you sell there)? If not then you definitely don't have an account and must create a new account /complete the freebies "order" to get access to the download links.

You may have signed in to our newsletter to download a trial or a Beta (or simply to get the newsletter) previously but that was a simple newsletter subscription, not account creation.

Hi @MEB,

thank you and yes, I used Library Panel, as reported in quick guide of the free contents and as you said. You can see the Library Panel opened in my screenshot. From there I used Import Macros, but appear that error.

Can you help me also with the problem of brushes in design?

7 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @daKroad,

From which panel are you importing the Macros? You have to use the Library panel to import a set of macros (.afmacros files) - NOT the Macro panel. To open the Library Panel go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library then use the menu icon on the top right of the panel to import the .macros file. Let us k now if it still displays the error.

Hi @alanj49,

Are you using a Mac or Windows computer? You may not have an Affinity Store account yet if you are a Mac user since we don't sell the mac version of our applications there.

Have you bought the Affinity Designer Workbook throught the Affinity Store (the only other product you sell there)? If not then you definitely don't have an account and must create a new account /complete the freebies "order" to get access to the download links.

You may have signed in to our newsletter to download a trial or a Beta (or simply to get the newsletter) previously but that was a simple newsletter subscription, not account creation.

Many thanks for the reply, I created an account although I thought that I had one...there were only three of the extras available when I got into my account...Dirk-wustenhagen fine art textures, macro-pack and uplift epic skies overlays. I did not see - frankentoon texturizer pro, roller textures and grit textures, and grade ui kit.

Please advise

45 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi alanj49

Those last three offers are only accessible from the Welcome Scrren in Affinity Designer. If you don't have bought it you aren't entitled to these extras.

Hi, I purchased this in the Mac App Store in December 2015, plus I have been invited to download beta editions. The email that I received says :- 

As usual if you already own Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer this update is completely free, and to thank you for your support we’ve also made the free content available to existing users until 16th November when the special offer ends.

Here’s what you’ll receive along-side this fantastic update:

• Staff

Hi @alanj49,

In that case run Affinity Designer, go to menu Help ▸ Welcome... and follow the same steps you did for Photo to claim the extras. Since you already created an account in the Affinity Store to claim the extras for Affinity Photo you only have to fill in your credentials in the Existing Customer tab this time.

I have Designer 1.5.5 (not trial or Beta), the Welcome screen loads, but there is no offer that appears.  I have no firewall setup and I've enabled my security settings to download any developer software, yet still no offer appears.  Please help as I'd love to get the 1.6 update and all the extras!

I got 1.6 (bought 1.5), and I can't seem to get any starting links, run windows update to get IExplorer 10 (thou, I still get errors in help), and I'm pretty sure I have no firewall active.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."