You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Version 1.6.5 hanging crashing

Just updated to version 1.6.5 from mac App store. And have issues like app hanging and crashing. I could open a file once or twice but then could not open a file a third time. Also the  plug ins preference panel  showed part of the start up screen in the boxes where you enter the folder info. Using a Mac mini 2012 with OS 10.11.6.  Also could never get Plug in's to work since i bought Affinity Photo. I do like the Light interface option and the program over all when it works.

• Staff

Hi burbankcauser,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you please try to reset the app? There may be some conflict with file settings or similar. To do it press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application, then select Clear from the dialog that will open. You may lose some preferences you have set as well as some layout customisations you may have made but hopefully it should fix these issues. Let us know if you still have trouble after the reset.

Reseting the app did get  AP V 1.6.6 to  work as far as stopping the hanging and crashing. Still no joy in getting the Nik plug in's to work. In app support i created a folder called PS pug in that i installed the Google Nik plug in's into. And in Affinity Photo that folder was selected. The only plug ins I want to use is Nik, all others are too old. Thanks MEB for the help.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.