You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Lee D,

next week, I hope to be one of the lucky one´s owning a D850. And so like for ksrhee the question of Affinity supporting her raw-files is quite a topic for me too. So before I turn my back on Photoshop it would be good to know, if Affinity do have some serious support plans coming...

8 minutes ago, pondfish said:

I have a D850. I really need support of the RAW files since Affinity photo is my only photo editing software. 

you can always use NX-D to get the camera/lens correction then send it to AP. that’s the down part of owning a new camera body, its a matter of time before all software get the update.

• 1 month later...

REALLY looking forward to having support for Nikon D850. It's high time... especially since the "free" Nikon Capture NX-D is very clunky and keeps crashing my system (High Sierra) - at least with D850 files. Affinity looks like a nice alternative for RAW processing. 

The Nikon D850 is supported via the default MacOS RAW support engine (last High Sierra version), but only the Nikon RAW L-format here. So when actually switching in AP the used RAW engine to Apple instead of Serif and using on the Nikon RAW L it should probably work.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Just for that? Probably not!

Also IMO you get much better RAW processing results with CNX-D, DxO, C1 here than with AP at all, so I personally wouldn't use AP or the MacOS build-in one as a main RAW converter for a D850. - Maybe AP instead of PS as an image manipulating app for works on JPG/PNG/TIFF here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2