You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

17 minutes ago, Martigny said:

Does anyone have a link to show what's new/fixed on AD 1.6.4.104 ? Can't find any info on it?

Please see @MEB's post below:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Please see @MEB's post below:

Thanks Alfred :)

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

• Staff
56 minutes ago, Martigny said:

Does anyone have a link to show what's new/fixed on AD 1.6.4.104 ? Can't find any info on it?

We will be putting a post together about this Affinity Designer 1.6.4 Windows release soon, thanks for your interest. There have been many fixes since 1.6.1/1.6.2 builds

The Affinity Designer for Windows 1.6.4 release notes will be a lot like this 1.6.1 list for Affinity Designer for Mac, but without the Mac specific fixes and with Windows specific fixes. 

Please note most of the fixes were also in 1.6.3 that was released briefly to existing customers last Thursday, but found to have a problem with Huion tablets so was withdrawn from auto-update shortly after release. That is why the change-list from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4 is the one we will write, not the single issue fix from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. (There is no list of the fixes in 1.6.3 either as it was withdrawn so quickly)

All of this is true also of Affinity Photo 1.6.4 for Windows, whose fix-list will be a lot like this 1.6.7 list for Affinity Photo for Mac, but without the Mac specific fixes and with Windows specific fixes. 

Anyone with 1.6.3 already installed there is only one change and that relates to tablet input, and affects all tablet input devices as a work around for a HUION (and others) driver issue 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

26 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

We will be putting a post together about this Affinity Designer 1.6.4 Windows release soon, thanks for your interest. There have been many fixes since 1.6.1/1.6.2 builds

The Affinity Designer for Windows 1.6.4 release notes will be a lot like this 1.6.1 list for Affinity Designer for Mac, but without the Mac specific fixes and with Windows specific fixes. 

Please note most of the fixes were also in 1.6.3 that was released briefly to existing customers last Thursday, but found to have a problem with Huion tablets so was withdrawn from auto-update shortly after release. That is why the change-list from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4 is the one we will write, not the single issue fix from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. (There is no list of the fixes in 1.6.3 either as it was withdrawn so quickly)

All of this is true also of Affinity Photo 1.6.4 for Windows, whose fix-list will be a lot like this 1.6.7 list for Affinity Photo for Mac, but without the Mac specific fixes and with Windows specific fixes. 

Anyone with 1.6.3 already installed there is only one change and that relates to tablet input, and affects all tablet input devices as a work around for a HUION (and others) driver issue 

Thanks Patrick :)

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

There was an answer for your problem in that other topic.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

• 1 month later...

I found this question in a search today, because I recently purchased both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, and also could not figure out how to update them. I finally found in this thread that we must actually sign into the website to find and download the latest update.

My question is this: is there any plan to simply include an update feature within the program itself, as is standard practice with so many other programs? It certainly would certainly be a lot more user friendly to simply have an option of clicking on "check for updates."

I bought my Affinity programs from the Affinity store. When I start either of these it automatically checks for updates. I believe this may be different if you have bought from the Mac store or the Microsoft store.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

4 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I believe this may be different if you have bought from the Mac store or the Microsoft store.

For the Mac App Store, users have a global System Preferences option to automatically download updates, & additionally optionally to instal them automatically in the background.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

14 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I bought my Affinity programs from the Affinity store. When I start either of these it automatically checks for updates.

The Windows apps from the Affinity Store only check for updates and offer you a download if one is available. They don’t download and install the update in the background like some Windows applications do.

Alfred spacer.png

5 hours ago, John Rostron said:

I bought my Affinity programs from the Affinity store. When I start either of these it automatically checks for updates. I believe this may be different if you have bought from the Mac store or the Microsoft store.

John

Hi John, I bought mine from the Affinity store as well, and had  been looking for signs that it updates itself, but haven't seen any. Perhaps when the next update comes out, I'll see it happen and realize there's nothing to worry about.

19 minutes ago, Sam Bailey said:

Hi John, I bought mine from the Affinity store as well, and had  been looking for signs that it updates itself, but haven't seen any. Perhaps when the next update comes out, I'll see it happen and realize there's nothing to worry about.

What version are you running, Sam?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

16 hours ago, Sam Bailey said:

As @Alfredsaid, the Affinity notification just checks  for updates and offers to download. If you are up-to-date, then it may be some time before your next offer!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 11 months later...

I bought Affinity Designer through App Store but it is not showing that there is an update. I am struggling with bleed and am told this is covered in the 1.7.0.257 Beta version - is it not available until it is no longer Beta?

I also bought Affinity Photo at a later date but that was direct from Serif, so clearly one can buy the Mac version direct! This one came with Product keys whereas the Designer app bought through the App store didn't.

• Staff

Hi WiltsLady,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The latest Affinity Photo version from the Mac App Store is 1.6.7. The Customer Beta is not distributed through the App Store since its a test version where we implemented fixes/new features to be tested/checked before being implemented in the commercial version sold through the App Store. If you want you can download it from this thread and run it along it. Be aware that files created in the Beta are NOT compatible/can not be read by the Mac App Store version since it's older and doesn't include the new features implemented in the Beta. It's also NOT recommended to use the Beta for commercial/critical work.

29 minutes ago, WiltsLady said:

I also bought Affinity Photo at a later date but that was direct from Serif, so clearly one can buy the Mac version direct! This one came with Product keys whereas the Designer app bought through the App store didn't.

Until last year the Mac versions of the Affinity apps were only available from the Mac App Store (MAS). An app sold through the Affinity Store requires a product key for installation, but an app sold through the MAS includes an encrypted receipt which ties the purchase to your Apple ID.

Alfred spacer.png

• 1 year later...

Hi All, 

I am very late to the party here, it seems - it appears everyone one went home over a year ago.

I have a similar issue to this thread but cant find the answer. I bought Affinity D through the mac store years ago now and have noticed it hasn't been updating. If I search in the Mac store for an update I see the blue cloud symbol with the downwards pointing arrow and click it. The revolving circle appears for a while and then nothing - the blue cloud returns. I have now tried uninstalling the old version (1.4) and repeating the process and still nothing. Now I am left without affinity Designer. Please help. Btw, there is nothing in the updates section of the app store. 

Apologies if this issue has been discussed elsewhere, I can't find it. 

Thanks

Ben. 

• Staff

Hi banjomcwired,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Go to the Purchased section on the Mac App Store application (click on your username on the bottom left of the interface) and you should be able to install the app again from there. Make sure you are signed-in with the same Apple ID you used to buy the application originally.