Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Martigny said:

Does anyone have a link to show what's new/fixed on AD 1.6.4.104 ? Can't find any info on it?

 

Please see @MEB's post below:

 


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

 

Please see @MEB's post below:

Thanks Alfred :)

 

 


iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia gtx 960m 4k uhd 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Martigny said:

Does anyone have a link to show what's new/fixed on AD 1.6.4.104 ? Can't find any info on it?

 

We will be putting a post together about this Affinity Designer 1.6.4 Windows release soon, thanks for your interest. There have been many fixes since 1.6.1/1.6.2 builds

 

The Affinity Designer for Windows 1.6.4 release notes will be a lot like this 1.6.1 list for Affinity Designer for Mac, but without the Mac specific fixes and with Windows specific fixes. 

 

Please note most of the fixes were also in 1.6.3 that was released briefly to existing customers last Thursday, but found to have a problem with Huion tablets so was withdrawn from auto-update shortly after release. That is why the change-list from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4 is the one we will write, not the single issue fix from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. (There is no list of the fixes in 1.6.3 either as it was withdrawn so quickly)

 

All of this is true also of Affinity Photo 1.6.4 for Windows, whose fix-list will be a lot like this 1.6.7 list for Affinity Photo for Mac, but without the Mac specific fixes and with Windows specific fixes. 

 

Anyone with 1.6.3 already installed there is only one change and that relates to tablet input, and affects all tablet input devices as a work around for a HUION (and others) driver issue 


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

 

We will be putting a post together about this Affinity Designer 1.6.4 Windows release soon, thanks for your interest. There have been many fixes since 1.6.1/1.6.2 builds

 

The Affinity Designer for Windows 1.6.4 release notes will be a lot like this 1.6.1 list for Affinity Designer for Mac, but without the Mac specific fixes and with Windows specific fixes. 

 

Please note most of the fixes were also in 1.6.3 that was released briefly to existing customers last Thursday, but found to have a problem with Huion tablets so was withdrawn from auto-update shortly after release. That is why the change-list from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4 is the one we will write, not the single issue fix from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. (There is no list of the fixes in 1.6.3 either as it was withdrawn so quickly)

 

All of this is true also of Affinity Photo 1.6.4 for Windows, whose fix-list will be a lot like this 1.6.7 list for Affinity Photo for Mac, but without the Mac specific fixes and with Windows specific fixes. 

 

Anyone with 1.6.3 already installed there is only one change and that relates to tablet input, and affects all tablet input devices as a work around for a HUION (and others) driver issue 

Thanks Patrick :)


iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia gtx 960m 4k uhd 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an answer for your problem in that other topic.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this question in a search today, because I recently purchased both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, and also could not figure out how to update them. I finally found in this thread that we must actually sign into the website to find and download the latest update.

My question is this: is there any plan to simply include an update feature within the program itself, as is standard practice with so many other programs? It certainly would certainly be a lot more user friendly to simply have an option of clicking on "check for updates."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my Affinity programs from the Affinity store. When I start either of these it automatically checks for updates. I believe this may be different if you have bought from the Mac store or the Microsoft store.

John


Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I believe this may be different if you have bought from the Mac store or the Microsoft store.

For the Mac App Store, users have a global System Preferences option to automatically download updates, & additionally optionally to instal them automatically in the background.


Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I bought my Affinity programs from the Affinity store. When I start either of these it automatically checks for updates.

 

The Windows apps from the Affinity Store only check for updates and offer you a download if one is available. They don’t download and install the update in the background like some Windows applications do.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Rostron said:

I bought my Affinity programs from the Affinity store. When I start either of these it automatically checks for updates. I believe this may be different if you have bought from the Mac store or the Microsoft store.

John

Hi John, I bought mine from the Affinity store as well, and had  been looking for signs that it updates itself, but haven't seen any. Perhaps when the next update comes out, I'll see it happen and realize there's nothing to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sam Bailey said:

Hi John, I bought mine from the Affinity store as well, and had  been looking for signs that it updates itself, but haven't seen any. Perhaps when the next update comes out, I'll see it happen and realize there's nothing to worry about.

What version are you running, Sam?


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sam Bailey said:

Hi John, I bought mine from the Affinity store as well, and had  been looking for signs that it updates itself, but haven't seen any. Perhaps when the next update comes out, I'll see it happen and realize there's nothing to worry about.

As @Alfredsaid, the Affinity notification just checks  for updates and offers to download. If you are up-to-date, then it may be some time before your next offer!

John


Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought Affinity Designer through App Store but it is not showing that there is an update. I am struggling with bleed and am told this is covered in the 1.7.0.257 Beta version - is it not available until it is no longer Beta?

I also bought Affinity Photo at a later date but that was direct from Serif, so clearly one can buy the Mac version direct! This one came with Product keys whereas the Designer app bought through the App store didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi WiltsLady,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The latest Affinity Photo version from the Mac App Store is 1.6.7. The Customer Beta is not distributed through the App Store since its a test version where we implemented fixes/new features to be tested/checked before being implemented in the commercial version sold through the App Store. If you want you can download it from this thread and run it along it. Be aware that files created in the Beta are NOT compatible/can not be read by the Mac App Store version since it's older and doesn't include the new features implemented in the Beta. It's also NOT recommended to use the Beta for commercial/critical work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WiltsLady said:

I also bought Affinity Photo at a later date but that was direct from Serif, so clearly one can buy the Mac version direct! This one came with Product keys whereas the Designer app bought through the App store didn't.

Until last year the Mac versions of the Affinity apps were only available from the Mac App Store (MAS). An app sold through the Affinity Store requires a product key for installation, but an app sold through the MAS includes an encrypted receipt which ties the purchase to your Apple ID.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×