You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 12/11/2017 at 11:54 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Ramma, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

The other people in this thread did not buy in the Mac App Store (MAS), they bought through the Affinity Store http://affinity.store/ .

Updates for the MAS are done through the updates tab of the store. If that doesn't work, then you can uninstall it and redownload it and you will get the latest version from the MAS 

Hi!

I`'m new here, and I'm in the same situation and with the same issues. I bought it through the affinity store (don't remember any promo) and I can't update from the app store.

I guess I'll miss the freebies? I hadn't any problems with Affinity Photo...

Thanks in advance

• Staff

Hi arnuncio,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you have bought the program from the Affinity Store i assume you are a Windows user (we don't sell the Mac versions on the Affinity Store). If so go to the Affinity Store, enter your account credentials, click on your name on the top right corner and select the Download & Products keys section. You will find the latest installers there.

On 16.11.2017 at 1:17 AM, MEB said:

Hi arnuncio,

If you have bought the program from the Affinity Store i assume you are a Windows user (we don't sell the Mac versions on the Affinity Store). If so go to the Affinity Store, enter your account credentials, click on your name on the top right corner and select the Download & Products keys section. You will find the latest installers there.

I've bought Mac version from Affinity Store via Email. There are no update possibilities... i am still waiting for this issue. 

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-26 um 16.20.48.png

• Staff

Hi Ramma,

You probably acquired/got the program through the X-Rite promotion. If that's the case you will have to wait for an e-mail from us as stated by the Affinity Support with further instructions since these cases must be handled in a different way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
2 hours ago, Strubbel1970 said:

Any news ?

The Affinity Store Mac build of 1.6 will probably not be available before next year, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 8:29 PM, Patrick Connor said:

The Affinity Store Mac build of 1.6 will probably not be available before next year, sorry.

Happy 2018 everyone!

Almost a month has passed since last activity here - is it rather coming soon or no ETA still?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok.

Obviously Serif is not able nor willing to upgrade the Affinity Photo 1.5.2 owners who got the app with an XRITE purchase. No reaction in this forum, no offer, no explanation.

Obviously Serif is forcing us to purchase Affinity Photo 1.6 again for full price.

I really like Affinity Photo as I like Affinity Designer on my Mac. But after experiencing Serifs "enormous" interest in their users,

obviously I will NOT purchase any further Serif products.

@MEB: Thanks for your dedication

• Staff

As Head of the QA team I promise you that we do not want you to purchase again. We are testing a practical solution to the Mac builds of Affinity Photo 1.6.7 and Affinity Designer 1.6.1 release very shortly after these roll out next week. There is a real technical issue that we are trying to resolve, and once the builds have passed our testing process we will be in contact with all of the x-rite version owners directly with updating instructions. 

We are very sorry how long this is taking, but it has not been possible to sort this before. We now have a new build server in place to stop this happening again. 

Thanks for your patience and Please don't buy it again. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi Strubbel1970,

Don't give up on us just yet! As Patrick said nobody wants X-RITE users to buy the app again. This is taking more time to solve than we hoped for but progress is being made. Hold tight there. It shouldn't take much longer now. Thanks for your patience and support.

• Staff

From today, if you go you your Affinity Store account x-rite redemption code customers should now be able to download the latest 1.6 versions. These will require you to use the product key that is in your account to use them. Sorry that this has taken so long. Please uninstall the 1.5 versions first

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hi,

I'm still unclear about how to update Affinity Photo for Windows. When I first asked this question last year, I have been told that the program was supposed to update itself (or propose the download when a new version was available). It never did so. Also, the program doesn't have any "Check for update..." command like any other application. It should. If for some reason, the automatic check/download doesn't work, one should be able to force the update check.

What did I miss ?

Thanks in advance.

--Patrick
Hamburg ist der wahre Grund
warum Kompassnadeln nach Norden zeigen.

• Staff

What did I miss ?

Nothing. For Windows software from the Affinity Store, check for updates happens every time the software runs. When the Windows 1.6.3 Affinity Store update is fully released then it will be there for everyone on Windows.

I was specifically telling these X-rite redemption code Affinity Store customers (with the Mac version who have been stuck on Affinity Designer 1.5.5 and Affinity Photo 1.5.2 respectively) that their wait for 1.6.x is over

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

39 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

For Windows software from the Affinity Store, check for updates happens every time the software runs.

That's the problem I'm describing : this never happened. I'm not talking about version 1.6.3 (I understand it's not fully released) but about previous versions.

--Patrick

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Samoreen said:

That's the problem I'm describing : this never happened. I'm not talking about version 1.6.3 (I understand it's not fully released) but about previous versions.

What version are you running

For Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer 1.6.1.93 is the latest from the Affinity Store, and 1.6.2.97 from the Microsoft Store (see here). If you are on those versions there is no update yet. The beta builds are a parallel optional install.

Have you got a firewall program that is blocking the apps. Clearly they need green-lighing to do the test with each run.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

17 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

What version are you running

For Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer 1.6.1.93 is the latest from the Affinity Store, and 1.6.2.97 from the Microsoft Store (see here). If you are on those versions there is no update yet. The beta builds are a parallel optional install.

Have you got a firewall program that is blocking the apps. Clearly they need green-lighing to do the test with each run.

If I go to the Affinity Store, open my account and go to the Download and Product Keys page, the proposed download is 1.6.3.103. So I installed it. Nothing on this page is telling me that it is a beta version. If I open the About box, it says 1.6.3.103 and it doesn't tell me either that it's a beta version.

I have a firewall but it never has been in the way when it comes to update downloads. All my apps are updating normally. Should I open a specific port ?

All of this is very, very confusing.

--Patrick

• Staff

OK, sorry. There is a little more to this than I posted. Yesterday we put 1.6.3.103 Windows builds on the Affinity Store. They were briefly on auto update also but concerns about interaction with Huion drivers has led us to turn auto update off, so 1.6.2.97 did not get the message to show an update. We are only informing customers who need this update to get it manually.

Serif are working on a fix for the Huion tablet problem in a 1.6.4.104 beta launched around midnight last night. 

What i posted yesterday is normally what would happen, with 1.6.3 being released in a controlled way to all customers. However, having found the cause of this problem in the release of 1.6.3 we have taken care not to leave lots of customers in a difficult position and taken that version off auto update. 

So you are right, this time it's very confusing because it has not gone at all to plan, sorry.

Shortly I expect we will be releasing 1.6.4 with all the 1.6.3 fixes but with a work around for the problem where the Huion tablet driver crashes our app. Then 1.6.1 (and the near identical 1.6.2) and the briefly released 1.6.3 will all update automatically to 1.6.4.x

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Does anyone have a link to show what's new/fixed on AD 1.6.4.104 ? Can't find any info on it?

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)