Is this supposed to answer the question on how to update? Because if it does I'm still in the dark here. I have Affinity photo 1.5.2 or something like that. I have yet to see a link on how to upgrade. Now I read above that I need to create an account but it doesn't show me how or where. I got emails from this company saying to get the upgrade but it doesn't say how. This is my last effort here. I'm about to buy another software here so please let me know.

Hi rontaube,

To update the software run the App Store app, go to the Updates tab and click Update in front of the apps you want to update.

After you have installed the update, go to menu Help ▸ Welcome Screen to get the extras/freebies included in version 1.6. The first page from the horizontal scroller should have a link to claim the extras; click on it to be redirected to the Affinity Store where you have to fill in your details to complete your "order" and create an Account there. You should then be able to download them after creating the Affinity Store account.

NOTE: If you have bought the Affinity Designer Workbook previously from the Affinity Store you already have an account there. Just use the same credentials to login and download the extras. No need to create a new account.

13 hours ago, bshearernh said:

For Windows 10, What App store?  itunes, does no;t seem appropriate or Google Playstore?

The store at https://affinity.store/

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1