You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

Hi there!

I've been trying to download the upgrade but I cannot find it anywhere. I have Affinity Designer on a Mac.

I turned my firewall off as per instructions but I still don't see the update in my Welcome page, I only have 3 slides, two about Affinity Photo and one about the book.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

• Staff

@Dia90 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

That's very surprising, to have the 3 screens on the welcome screen but not the content with the claim now button.

Please can you confirm the version displayed in the 'Help' menu option 'About..' dialog and your language and computer locale/country 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thanks @Biggles007 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

I was not aware that a vpn could block the call for the welcome feed. Can you please tell us any more about your setup? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just a quick 'tip to the hat' to the Devs out there.

Thank you very, very much to include the existing users into the free goodies incentive.

Awesome! :)

PS. can't wait to see what you've done with the publishing tool you're developing. There are still a few quirks in Photo + Designer, but if the Publisher works as nice as the other two, I'm all in, too! :)

// sort of freelancer // professionally designing things digital and IRL // products - gfx - light - UI & UX //

Hey, I cant seem to have the Welcome screen offering me the Update and the new packs for Affinity photo. I even disabled my F-secures Firewall and then opened the "welcome..." and still have only Affinity designer and affinity photo for ipad adds included on the two different slides.

Affinityilmoitus.png

Edited by Jasim
Had to add picture of the situation stated above in the message

• Staff
1 hour ago, Jasim said:

Hey, I cant seem to have the Welcome screen offering me the Update and the new packs for Affinity photo. I even disabled my F-secures Firewall and then opened the "welcome..." and still have only Affinity designer and affinity photo for ipad adds included on the two different slides.

@Jasim

Your screenshot shows that you have not downloaded 1.6.0, that is the update prompt! The content comes with 1.6, so is not in the welcome screen before you have updated. Is there a reason your have not updated?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 02/11/2017 at 4:08 PM, Alfred said:

Is it also correct to assume that the Texturizer Pro brushes are the same as the ones I bought from @Frankentoon? I don't mind supporting Enrique's great work, but I don't want to waste time and 'bandwidth' downloading another copy of exactly the same set!

Hi Alfred,

This is printed just under the heading for the EULA

"Version 2.0: 7th November 2017"

Hope that helps!

I have Affinity Photo 1.6.6 for Macintosh. Am running on MacBook Pro w. High Sierra, 8 MB RAM, plenty of disk space. 

Cannot access bonus material as I do not have Store account and cannot find any way to create one. Would like to take advantage of offer that expires today, Nov. 16, but your system provides no way to do so. 

The suggestion to access the Welcome splash page via Help does bring up the page. But when the "Claim Now" is clicked, the Welcome is simply refreshed...

Will you extend offer or provide a way to create store account, please?

• Staff
On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, Brigitted said:

Ich habe Affinity neu gekauft. Ich kann aber das Macro-Pack nicht installieren. Die Anleitung auf englisch verstehe ich nicht - außerdem sieht mein Eröffnungsbild anders aus als in der Anleitung angegeben. Wo finde ich eine genaue Installations-Anweisung auf deutsch mit Foto-Erklärung?

The instructions are here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Got the information about the new version and the bonus material beginning of November. Downloaded the upgrade on Nov. 3rd, installed and used it directly. Haven't found any download link for the bonus material on my account. As some others had also problems with the bonus material I was waiting for a solution. As I do not see any solution I would appreciate if you could provide a donwload link by mail. 

Solved: Had disabled the start-up panel. Found the download link after enabling it and downloaded succesfully

Well, I guess I missed out on this...bummer.

Out of curiosity, was an email sent to users regarding this promotion? I don't recall seeing anything in my email. Since I didn't have need to use AD again until today I didn't notice there was an upgrade and promotion available. Was checking the forums the only way to know about this?

Edit: I did see an email regarding the update to Affinity Photo, including the new content, but nothing in that email mentioned AD also getting an update plus free content.

• Staff
32 minutes ago, Cyber said:

Edit: I did see an email regarding the update to Affinity Photo, including the new content, but nothing in that email mentioned AD also getting an update plus free content.

Shame, To those customers who Serif think own both products, we sent an email that talks about both updates and both free contents. If you got the Photo only one (others may have got the Designer only one) it is because we didn't know that you have both on that email address. Sorry if our filtering is not perfect. Apple do not share customer data, so MAc and iPad owners are only known to us by signing up for the Macros or GradeUI kit given away since 1.5. Perhaps we got the list wrong in your case, but the claiming was the same mechanism in both 1.6 applications, through the welcome screen.

Email me pconnor@serif.com and I will see what can be done, but I think the offer is over so not sure what is possible now.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Special thanks for their contribution to Affinity Photo and users to:

Dirk Wüstenhagen for his Fine Art Texture Collection

Shawn Van Daele for his Uplift - Epic Skies - Overlays

Affinity Photo Devs for the Macro mask layer and adjustment 

Special thanks for their contribution to Affinity Designer and users to:

Thomas White for his Tom Chalky Handcrafted Fonts and Textures 

Enrique Figueroa for his Frankentoon TexturizerPro Brushes 

And last but not least to the Developers at Serif and Affinity for their outstanding software and customer service to all their loyal customers.  

Bravo!

2 hours ago, Cyber said:

Well, I guess I missed out on this...bummer.

Out of curiosity, was an email sent to users regarding this promotion? I don't recall seeing anything in my email. Since I didn't have need to use AD again until today I didn't notice there was an upgrade and promotion available. Was checking the forums the only way to know about this?

Me too! I just saw this! Bummer. I have both products, so I missed out on both. I'm still running 1.6? Maybe a Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Some odd reprieve for those that missed the email and don't use the welcome screens? I was hard at work on existing files...

• Staff
9 minutes ago, _Rolf said:

Me too! I just saw this! Bummer. I have both products, so I missed out on both. I'm still running 1.6? Maybe a Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Some odd reprieve for those that missed the email and don't use the welcome screens? I was hard at work on existing files...

Sorry the offer ended last week. We notified everyone we could by email, facebook, twitter and in the welcome screens. The content was licensed for a specific period, so I doubt it will come back.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 11/23/2017 at 1:14 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry the offer ended last week. We notified everyone we could by email, facebook, twitter and in the welcome screens. The content was licensed for a specific period, so I doubt it will come back.

Well, I for one never received an email regarding this, despite being a registered AD user. Is there a specific newsletter I need to add my email address to?

Edit: oops, I just noticed that you mentioned your email earlier as a way to get added to the correct list. Thanks for that!

JT

• Staff
8 hours ago, Dtodd said:

I also did not receive an email about the free offer. I just went back and verified this.  I feel a little cheated.  Guess it's time to check out Pixelmator Pro that just came out today.

Dtodd,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. Sorry if you missed it, We really did try to notify everyone we could.

We do not have any contact details about Affinity software Mac App Store sales, as that is Apples database and quite rightly not sent/sold on to us, so we email those customers that we know about and use social media and the in-built welcome screen to try and notify the rest.

The email was sent to anyone who (before the 2nd Nov) ....

• ... was signed up to our newsletter
  • ... had claimed the free macro pack included since the Affinity Photo 1.5 update
  • ... had claimed the free Grade-UI kit included since the Affinity Designer 1.5 update
  • ... used the Affinity Store to purchase Affinity Photo for Windows, Affinity Designer for Windows, Affinity Designer Workbook
  • ... had downloaded the Trial version if Affinity Photo for Windows or Mac
  • ... had downloaded the Trial version if Affinity Designer for Windows or Mac

We also sent reminder emails about 1.6 and the free content.

We also put a notification on the Welcome screen in the program from 2nd Nov till the 23rd Nov

We also put notifications on our forums (twice), Twitter, on Facebook and on our blog with reminders 1 week later on Facebook and Twitter.

We appreciate your custom and you are welcome to buy any other program you wish if it suits your needs, as well or instead.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 2017-11-02 at 11:37 AM, MacGueurle said:

I seem to be having problems getting the freebie stuff.

Problem is I receive updates via the Mac App Store but receive newsletters and have signed up to these forums using another email addie.

Tried both entering info from my Mac App Store login and forum login for the downloads, no go.

I then tried to reset my password but have yet to receive an email back on how to go about it. So, unless you guys are swamped in resetting passwords requests, I am wondering, do I have to create yet another Affinity account with a different password, entirely different from my Mac App Store, and Affinity forum ones?

Confused, I am...

I also have the same issue! Affinity don’t recognized me to get that ”Free Macro pack” but my update is nicely on at Version 1.6.6, this forum also recognized me?  Confusion somewhere system!!

I’m an existing customer with Affinity Photo since July 2015.

Thanks for any feed back from you!

Claude B.