You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

• Staff

Hi Aimee,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

- press (cmd) + R to refresh the Updates page

If the updates still don't appear:

- sign out of the Mac App Store, then sign-in again

If it also fails:

- drag the application from the applications folder to the Trash and empty it, then reinstall the app again from the Mac App Store. It will install the latest version.

Hi, still no links in the welcome screen for me unfortunately (Mac user) in the UK:

- no firewall or add blockers running | good fast internet connection

- tried all the various language change fixes/restarts

- have reset the app | user

I bought both A.Photo and Designer back in 2015 and updated both not long after the latest release hit the Mac App Store - since then have tried many times over many days all the fixes suggested in this thread and nothing has worked. With only a few days left to claim the free content would love to know what the team at Affinity suggest myself and those in a similar boat should do? (I am running Sierra 10.12.6 with Safari as default browser, 11.0.1 ). Hopefully you can get this fixed for us because I am a big fan and have even persuaded quite a few friends to convert away from the Adobe world :-) This though has been a very frustrating experience and taken a crazy amount of time to get nowhere. Fingers crossed ... thanks in advance for any help! 

10 hours ago, path505 said:

this website is not user friendly. how do I download the 1.6 content? simple question.

Anyone can sign up to use this website for free. The extra 1.6 content is free until the 16th only for those who have bought the app. For that reason, to download it you must open the app's Welcome screen & click on the "Claim Now" button. If you do not have an Affinity Store account (which is completely different from the website's log in) you can create one using the "New to Affinity" tab at the Affinity Store web page that opens when you click on the "Claim now" button.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 11/12/2017 at 10:12 AM, ds2017 said:

Hi, still no links in the welcome screen for me unfortunately (Mac user) in the UK:

When the welcome screen pops up, there are three slides which are shown. Just to confirm, did you check all of them? For Designer, for example, the Claim Now button is on the third slide.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hallo MEB

I am sorry to suggest that I tried everything that has been suggested here but am still not able to get my Free Packs. I am working on Windows.

In my store account they are visible in buy segment but nowhere else.

I am from India and hope I get my bonus packs at the earliest. I am using it on Windows

Awaiting your suggestions.

Regards

Utpal

On 13/11/2017 at 2:39 PM, R C-R said:

Anyone can sign up to use this website for free. The extra 1.6 content is free until the 16th only for those who have bought the app. For that reason, to download it you must open the app's Welcome screen & click on the "Claim Now" button. If you do not have an Affinity Store account (which is completely different from the website's log in) you can create one using the "New to Affinity" tab at the Affinity Store web page that opens when you click on the "Claim now" button.

I should first get the claim Now button. I am not getting one despite trying everything suggested here and tomorrow is the last date. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, umishrak said:

I should first get the claim Now button. I am not getting one despite trying everything suggested here and tomorrow is the last date. 

Utpal,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums.

Not to worry, if you email affinity@serif.com telling them/us what software you have (Photo or Designer or both) and on what platform (Mac or Windows) then we can organise the content for you, even after the offer is over as long as we are notified now. Link to this post in your email if you like

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Problems here too downloading the free content for Affinity Photo.  MacOS Sierra.  No content listed to download on the welcome page.  Tried the uninstall/install, but that didn't help.

Website is very hard to navigate.  Seems like maybe you have 3 different web development teams all going 3 different directions, in my opinion. Main page, store page and forum page all are very different.  You might pass this along. It would be nice to have some interoperability on the site of such a fantastic product.

Jim

• Staff
27 minutes ago, JLarson said:

Problems here too downloading the free content for Affinity Photo.  MacOS Sierra.  No content listed to download on the welcome page.  Tried the uninstall/install, but that didn't help.

Jim

Jim

Please can I just check a few things?

Have you updated to 1.6, as 1.5 does not show the offer. 

The advert for free content is on the Welcome page that can be accessed from the Help menu "Welcome..." Option (not the splash screen that shows only briefly when the software starts). 

If you still cannot access the welcome offer, email affinity@serif.com explaining what software you have, and we can organise the content downloads for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Today I got a mail with one reminder.  I have only one day left to get the extras  for free???

I am sure I have insalled the free stuff one week ago. I downloaded and unziped the items, but they still inside download folder. You guys told me to do nothing els. Maybe I need to do something els.

I practising few hours every day. Exiting.

Thanks.

Skärmavbild 2017-11-15 kl. 02.43.17.png

8 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Utpal,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums.

Not to worry, if you email affinity@serif.com telling them/us what software you have (Photo or Designer or both) and on what platform (Mac or Windows) then we can organise the content for you, even after the offer is over as long as we are notified now. Link to this post in your email if you like

Patrick,

Thanks for your response. I have sent the mail as suggested on the given mail ID with relevant details and I hope to get the contents at the earliest.

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi JLarson,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you blocking the connection with Little Snitch or similar software (antivirus/firewall etc)?

I do have a firewall, but I have no idea if I'm blocking "Little Snitch".  Can you give me the URL for Little Snitch so that I can see if I'm blocking it?

I've never even heard of Little Snitch.  Sorry.  :-)

Jim

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Jim

Please can I just check a few things?

Have you updated to 1.6, as 1.5 does not show the offer. 

The advert for free content is on the Welcome page that can be accessed from the Help menu "Welcome..." Option (not the splash screen that shows only briefly when the software starts). 

If you still cannot access the welcome offer, email affinity@serif.com explaining what software you have, and we can organise the content downloads for you.

Yes, I have upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6.  The Welcome page only shows the following:

I have emailed support and will see what they have to say.  

Thanks!

Jim

7 hours ago, iMacKalle said:

Today I got a mail with one reminder.  I have only one day left to get the extras  for free???

You would have had only one day left if you had not claimed them yet, but since you have already downloaded them you can install them whenever you like.

7 hours ago, iMacKalle said:

I am sure I have insalled the free stuff one week ago. I downloaded and unzipped the items, but they still inside download folder. You guys told me to do nothing els. Maybe I need to do something els.

Look for installation instructions in the unzipped folders.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

19 minutes ago, iMacKalle said:

I have problem.

Your tutorial telling me to use this tool (See A ) That tool dont exist on my interface (See ?) Why??

When I try to cut out one of the figures I hit Cut but nothing happen.

I run on iMac mid 2011 with Alu-Keyboard with Cable and Logitech mouse with Cable.

Can you help me.

Thanks.

Skärmavbild_2017-11-15_kl__09_40_03.png

Please post your question to a new thread. The thread is only for questions about the free content offered with the 1.6 versions of the Affinity apps.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ich habe Affinity neu gekauft. Ich kann aber das Macro-Pack nicht installieren. Die Anleitung auf englisch verstehe ich nicht - außerdem sieht mein Eröffnungsbild anders aus als in der Anleitung angegeben. Wo finde ich eine genaue Installations-Anweisung auf deutsch mit Foto-Erklärung?

4 hours ago, JLarson said:

I do have a firewall, but I have no idea if I'm blocking "Little Snitch".  Can you give me the URL for Little Snitch so that I can see if I'm blocking it?

I've never even heard of Little Snitch.  Sorry.  :-)

Little Snitch is Mac software that selectively blocks outgoing connections, typically used to prevent applications from "phoning home." It isn't that Little Snitch is blocked, it is that it might block the connection to the Serif/Affinity servers. If you have not installed it then it does not apply to you.

The process works like this:

1. When the Welcome screen opens, the Affinity app sends a request to the servers asking that they send updated Welcome screen data back to your computer.

2. The servers respond, sending back that data.

3. The Affinity app then updates the Welcome screen with the new content, including the offer for the free content with the "Claim Now" button.

Little Snitch could interfere with step 1. Firewalls could interfere with step 2. Anti-malware (also known as "A-V" or "antivirus") software could interfere with any of the steps. Other things can also cause problems with this process, including (obviously) no internet connection at all & (less obviously) things like an ISP (Internet service provider) that erroneously blocks or misdirects connections intended for the servers, or server overload or network congestion that slows down step 2 so much that it could take hours to complete.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Just updated and got the free content with no problems.

I will happily throw myself in front of mutant zombie spiders for anyone in the magical 'Affinity Land'

Thank you all

PS

I clicked on the welcome screen on AF and AD which took me straight to the download pages. I'm on a 2012 MacAir running the OS Sierra 10.12.4

My download came via zip file in my Firefox browser

Could Affinity have made updating and getting free content any more difficult??  please reform your 'personas' to more simple methods of work.. confusing and difficult to remember what is what while working. back and forth to tutorials constantly... odd layout.

Excellent little program and ill love it when there is a useful library~storage and i don't have to go around hoops to save a file to photos.. awkward.