You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

• Staff

Hi Jef,

Yes, it is different. The Affinity Forum account and the Affinity Store account are NOT linked in any way. So if you are a Mac user and never bought the Windows versions of our apps in the Affinity Store neither the Affinity Designer Workbook, you don't have an account there yet.

5 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Jef,

Yes, it is different. The Affinity Forum account and the Affinity Store account are NOT linked in any way. So if you are a Mac user and never bought the Windows versions of our apps in the Affinity Store neither the Affinity Designer Workbook, you don't have an account there yet.

Thanks.

On 2.11.2017 at 5:27 PM, Patrick Connor said:

A forum account is not an Affinity Store account, and you do not have an Affinity Store account (well not under the email address you have used on the forum)

Also your old Serif account is NOT an affinity store account, the databases are independent. You will only have an Affinity Store account if you have bought the Windows version of the Software or the Affinity Designer Workbook from our site.

So to claim your Free content simply make an account on the store as you claim your content.

This statement should be placed in first position of this thread - to clear most confusions about getting the Free-Stuff if a customer is a Mac User (as I am) who has bought your products via App Store ... and has got an account for the Affinity forum here (so do I).

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, ueberflieger said:

you must reset the user in affinity then the welcome screen shows up

That should not normally be necessary for either Mac or Windows users. The circled item destructively resets any custom user settings to the defaults, & should be avoided if at all possible unless nothing else works.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 minute ago, Schubi63 said:

This statement should be placed in first position of this thread - to clear most confusions about getting the Free-Stuff if a customer is a Mac User (as I am) who has bought your products via App Store ... and has got an account for the Affinity forum here (so do I).

It also would help if Mac users would quit referring to the "App Store" as if it is the only store. It is only 4 more keystrokes to type "Mac App Store" when that is what is being referred to, or the "MAS" abbreviation could be used instead.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

It also would help if Mac users would quit referring to the "App Store" as if it is the only store. It is only 4 more keystrokes to type "Mac App Store" when that is what is being referred to, or the "MAS" abbreviation could be used instead.

You might be right - it's definitely not the only store for Apps ... but the program is called "App Store" - sorry that I used it's original name. And I have no clue where else I could have bought Affinity Photo and Designer. Anyway - I was pointing my post to all the other Mac users, who might are in the same position as me - confused and waiting for a password-reset-mail. Because there was no notification, that the Affinity store does not know my email-address when I requested to do so.      

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-04 um 16.39.27.jpg

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

Only 3 of the 6 free bonus content showed on the order,

uplift-epic-skies-overlays

dirk-wustenhagen-fine-art-texture-collection

macro-pack

How do I access the other 3 bonus packs to download.

I am running Win 10, Firefox 56.0.2 (64-bit)

43 minutes ago, Schubi63 said:

You might be right - it's definitely not the only store for Apps ... but the program is called "App Store"...

It is called that but unfortunately the confusion caused by Apple's fondness for using generic names for its apps (Photos, Preview, Contacts, & Notes are other examples) is a problem all Mac users must live with.  :(

Affinity Photo 

1 hour ago, affinitygirl said:

Everything is off. My affinity designer page up updated on my mac. Affinity photo updated but no welcome page,

Not even if you go to Affinity Photo's Help menu & select the "Welcome..." item?

Affinity Photo 

20 hours ago, ice2skull said:

Hi.

I have updated Affinity Designer to version 1.6 on a Mac OS X 10.8.5.

I do not have a firewall or antivirus. I have changed the language in preferences. I have deleted the application and reinstalled it.

My welcome page is the same as always. I do not see any link to the free content.

Thank you for all your effort.

6 hours ago, CLV said:

Hallo,

I had the same Problem - with Photo and Designer.

Is there a way to get the free Content?

P.S.:

Please vorgive nmy bad englisch - German ist my mother tongue

Dutch is my native language. As indicated above the I solved it.  (Niederländisch ist meine Muttersprache. Wie bereits erwähnt hab ich es gelöst.)

7 minutes ago, MEB said:

ice2skull,

I'm not sure this will help (it's a shot in the dark), but are you running any add blocker or similar software on your browser? If so, can you please disable it and check if the Welcome Screen pages in Affinity were updated?

Hi MEB,

No add blocker or similar.

Also, I have problems with this version. If I use the tool to select color in the color tab, when changing to another program, AD generates an error and closes.

• Staff
1 minute ago, ice2skull said:

Hi MEB,

No add blocker or similar.

Also, I have problems with this version. If I use the tool to select color in the color tab, when changing to another program, AD generates an error and closes.

What version of Internet Explorer do you have installed please. The window inside the application draws through an IE window that may need to be higher than you have.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just now, Patrick Connor said:

What version of Internet Explorer do you have installed please. The window inside the application draws through an IE window that may need to be higher than you have.

My default browser is Safari 6.2.8 in a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.8.5