You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

On 2.11.2017 at 10:11 PM, MEB said:

Hi Wilfred Hildonen,

Affinity Designer has two brush engines. One vector based used in Draw Persona and the other raster based used in Pixel Persona (this last one also used in Affinity Photo). The brushes you are importing are probably raster based brushes and were added to the Brushes panel in Pixel Persona. Check there at end of the list.

Thanks a lot and there they were - and this means they work on iPhoto on the iPad Pro as well! Good thing :)
Seems like you have a lot of work now, clearing up the confusion around this, so I'll disappear now, but I'd just like to say thanks :)

No way I could install the free software under Windows until I have completely removed the old version of Affinity. Downloaded the latest version using the previously obtained product key and installed with the English translation I normally did that in the German language, whether this influence I don't know. And see no problem anymore the Welcome screen was there and everything worked like it was supposed to. Still thanks for the hard work that you do.

Hi.

I have updated Affinity Designer to version 1.6 on a Mac OS X 10.8.5.

I do not have a firewall or antivirus. I have changed the language in preferences. I have deleted the application and reinstalled it.

My welcome page is the same as always. I do not see any link to the free content.

This is another full download, 280MB, which overwrite the original 1.5.2.69 or is it a total of almost 600MB's?

AND as a second question, is an uninstall the original version first>

So will I have to live with two full versions? And is an uninstall necessary?

Light, Subject, Focus, DOF, Background, Edit, Learn

59ef645ca6e4e_IMG_7558LightBeneathFAAcopy300x100.jpg.d53988f0690ebe508047421cdc137023.jpg

On 03/11/2017 at 1:58 AM, O. Chevetaigne said:

Same problem here -

I get updates through Mac Store.  Have this account for forum.

How do I go about authorizing the downloads?

:42_confused:

If you are having the same problem I was having then you need to create an account on the Affinity Store itself. I couldn't log in despite doing everything via the app store previously. As soon as I registered on the 'Affinity Store' itself as a new account there was no problem.

Wowee! Thank you for this awesome update. Now installed.

(It makes me so happy that Frankentoon was on the list. I heard good stuff about it.)

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I also do not have links to the bonus software.  My client OS is Windows 7 SP1.  I purchased Affinity via the Affinity store.  I've read thru the entire thread and executed all the applicable workarounds with no success.  I've uninstalled Affinity and reinstalled the latest version of Affinity, still no links to the bonus software.  Who can I contact for further assistance?

7 hours ago, affinitygirl said:

There is no launch page  and I'm connected to internet .

Do you have any anti-malware/security software running or a Firewall setting that would block access to Serif's Affinity servers?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 hours ago, JeffJ said:

I also do not have links to the bonus software.  My client OS is Windows 7 SP1.  I purchased Affinity via the Affinity store.  I've read thru the entire thread and executed all the applicable workarounds with no success.  I've uninstalled Affinity and reinstalled the latest version of Affinity, still no links to the bonus software.  Who can I contact for further assistance?

I have the same OS, still have exactly the same problem and also tried all the workarounds, still no links to bonus software, no scrolling welcome screen, the screen shot is what I get every time, also no bonus features in my Affinity Store account. This is obviously a problem for many customers Affinity please could you resolve it rather than repeating the same advice that isn't working.

Affinity Photo Screen Shot.jpg

On 11/2/2017 at 9:09 AM, MEB said:

Hi Alfred,

I don't know if they are the same or were updated for 1.6, sorry. I will try to find out.

For all the freebies, it would be helpful (even needed) to know what is the same and what is different. On top of that, if they are the same, is there any harm in re-installing them?

Just now, KiheiMan said:

For all the freebies, it would be helpful (even needed) to know what is the same and what is different. On top of that, if they are the same, is there any harm in re-installing them?

I have only checked the grade-ui-kit folder contents so far, but there are some differences in file sizes between the old download & the 1.6 ones. I cannot tell (because I am too lazy to check carefully) if the contents are actually significantly different or if (for example) the included .afdesign files just have slightly different metadata or serializations that would not make a material difference in their use.

As for reinstalling the assets & palettes (the .afdesign files, QuickStart_Guide, & EULA are not installed), I think the worst that could happen is ending up with two sets of each with the same name.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

13 hours ago, RCPhotos_FineArtAmerica said:

This is another full download, 280MB, which overwrite the original 1.5.2.69 or is it a total of almost 600MB's?

AND as a second question, is an uninstall the original version first>

So will I have to live with two full versions? And is an uninstall necessary?

There is no need for you to uninstall the old version. The installer for the new version will do that for you.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 hours ago, FrankT said:

No way I could install the free software under Windows until I have completely removed the old version of Affinity. Downloaded the latest version using the previously obtained product key and installed with the English translation I normally did that in the German language, whether this influence I don't know. And see no problem anymore the Welcome screen was there and everything worked like it was supposed to. Still thanks for the hard work that you do.

Hallo,

I had the same Problem - with Photo and Designer.

Is there a way to get the free Content?

P.S.:

Please vorgive nmy bad englisch - German ist my mother tongue

Windows user here. I read through most of this thread looking for an answer to not being able to see the link to the bonus material for Photo. I tried in vain until I used IE instead of Chrome as someone suggested. I still couldn't access my account until I ticked all the boxes for  "use SSL and use TLS" (5 of them) found in Internet Options-Advanced-Security of IE. Presto, when I opened Affinity Photo I can now see the bonus material. Hope this helps someone.

14 hours ago, ice2skull said:

Hi.

I have updated Affinity Designer to version 1.6 on a Mac OS X 10.8.5.

I do not have a firewall or antivirus. I have changed the language in preferences. I have deleted the application and reinstalled it.

My welcome page is the same as always. I do not see any link to the free content.

Same here.

• Staff
1 hour ago, KiheiMan said:

Hi KiheiMan,

The Free Macro Pack (for Affinity Photo) and Grade UI (for Affinity Designer) are the same as distributed previously.

New for Affinity Photo:

- Dirk Wüstenhagen Fine Art Texture Collection

- Uplift Epic Skies Overlays 

New for Affinity Designer:

- Frankentoon TexturizerPro Brush Pack

- Tom Chalky Handcrafted Fonts & Textures

5 minutes ago, scp said:

Hi - I can't see the offer in my copy of Affinity Photo :-(

For Mac or Windows?

Affinity Photo 

Also here:

- Mac OS X 10.8.5, Affinity Photo 1.6.6 and Designer 1.6.0: no Firewall active, languages changed as suggested: I can only see the "old" Welcome Screen with just one page and no links :-(
- When logged-in in the Affinity Store, I can see my two Windows licenses with download links for the software itself, but not for the free content. Only if I would order an additional license, I am offered the free content for downloading...

Thanks for working on a solution, MacHolgi

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.0.192 ◆ OSX Yosemite

HI All , Can you help please, Updated both my Designer and Photo on my IMAC running latest iOS, went to get the free add ons, created affinity account and went to download, I received 2 e mails one for designer and one for photo with a sample download screen as attached. pressed the download button, a black full screen appears with PLUG-IN-FAILURE can anyone assist please as it happens with every download button. Many Thanks in advance

screenshot_63.png