You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

Fahad Javed. Thanks for your quick answer. I tried everything but still no luck. I can see the welcome screen with everything on it but when I click the claim now green button, nothing happens. I don't get the link what you said. :( In fact, when I click in User Forums or View Tutorials it shows me an error.

Untitled-1.jpg

I need to get my account reset so I may try to download the free content again as my computer connection stopped and my downloads froze.  I tried logging back in to re-download the items and I get a red box message that this basket has already been used.

Count me in on the myriad of folks that get nothing on the Welcome screen.  I've done all the suggested solutions (IE no firewall, A/V, change to English, etc.) and still nothing.  I am running version 1.6.0.89 and it shows that in my account page.

Just post or email the link to the downloads.  How difficult would that be?

4 hours ago, Castle Al said:

Finally got these freebies downloaded. They're all in my download file... what is the next step? How do I install those into Designer or Photo?

Each of the items comes with a QuickStart_Guide.pdf like the one in your screenshot for the texture collection. Open that for comprehensive installation & use instructions.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi Meb, I have installed the latest Affinitry Photo and Affinity Designer updates, I'm using W7. I do not see the possibility of downloading the free content you offer, nor did I find the possibility of doing it.

I have an affinity store account (I bought the workbook, and I'm on a MacBook Pro), but it doesn't show me any downloads or upgrades. Also, my welcome screens on both designer and photo do not show upgrade links (I'm running 1.5.5 on designer and 1.5.2 on photo)

Any suggestions other than checking for firewalls? It seems like an almighty big problem for many people. I'm glad I'm not you trying to sort this out!

• Staff

Hi @inputoutput,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To update the applications, open the Mac App Store app, click the Updates tab on the top then click the Update button in front of each app in the list below.

To access the extras (after updating the apps) go to menu Help ▸ Welcome... to display the Welcome Screen (it should appear automatically when you open the app anyway unless you have turned it off), then click the Claim Now button you see in one of the pages of the horizontal scroller. This will take you to the Affinity Store page where you can get the extras. If you bought the Affinity Designer Workbook through the Affinity Store you already have an account there, so just fill in your credentials in the Existing Customer tab and you will be redirected to a page to download them.

• Staff

Hi @Saard

If you go to menu Help ▸ Welcome... one of the pages of the horizontal scroller have a link to claim the extras. Click on it to be redirected to the Affinity Store, fill in your credentials in the Existing Customer tab (on the bottom right) and you should be redirected to a page from where you can download the extras.

I bought Affinity Photo from Apples app store.  I received an email about the 1.6 upgrade.  When I went to the app store to upgrade nothing happens the wheel just keeps spinning.  I do not have an Affinity store account.  Does this make a difference.  If so how do I sign up for a store account.  I have been to your web site and can not find any place to sign up for a store account.

A fix for getting the 1.6 updates on Mac

I bought Designer and Photo last year via the Apple App Store. The 1.6 update did not show up in the Updates view of the App Store - even with Firewall turned off (as suggested by MEB, above) and also having signed out and back in to the App Store and a restart. However, when I checked the Purchased view, the button next to both Designer and Photo said "Install" rather than "Update" or "Open". Very odd, since both were already installed and have been working normally. So, I clicked "Install" for both, and now I have the up-to-date versions. 

The remainder of the instructions  at the top of this thread for Claiming the free stuff worked for me ok.

I suggest Affinity advises Mac users to check the Purchased view in the App Store rather than the Updates view.

• Staff

Hi @Michael Walton,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Open the Mac App Store go to the Updates tab on top then click the Update button in front of the apps you want to update from the list below. Do you have trouble completing the updates? You don't need and Affinity Store account this - it has nothing to do with updating applications through the Mac App Store.

Hello,

After updating Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, there was no Claim Now button in them about the bonuses.

I was connected to the Internet at the time of the updates.

My firewall was open for the updates and so for the freebies. No anti-virus software was engaged at the time.

I restarted my computer after the above and checked again, and still no Claim Now in my Welcome screens or anywhere else.

Checked under View Samples on both, and using the dots on my Welcome screen, there is nothing there except samples.

My Welcome screens on both look like those provided by others having the same problems.

I purchased both from the Mac App Store, by the way.

Today, I also created an Affinity Store account for whenever I am able to access the freebies.

Now what?

Installed everything including freebies (thanks) ok -- above notes were helpful. Thanks again.

It kept my keyboard shortcuts and plugins (good) but not panel layout (huh - but fixed soon enough though). Also good to see libraries now open as per last exit (hooray! Now I can see them all!!).

Thanks to the team for all your work in getting this update out. Great work, folks.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.