You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

Dear Carlosgraphic,

you can follow these steps to claim them.

I was also unable to claim the freebies,as i am an existing user. This is what i did to claim them:

> First we need to install the update for affinity photo or affinity designer 1.6 by downloading them from the link provided.

> Once version 1.6 update has been installed,use the following menu path:

Help > Welcome

you will see a screen with sliding images[P.S.Make sure that you are connected to the Internet]. wait for the images to scroll or scroll between them by clicking the small circles at the bottom without waiting and click the 'Free content downloads! [Claim Now]' button[a green color button with white text] showing the slide.

You will now be taken to a link where you need to choose the following:

'Existing Users' tab and enter your Affinity credentials for Affinity store. For new users select the first option.

Once Logged in you will be shown the bonuses,click the 'PLACE ORDER' button[green button with white text]. You will now see an invoice generated for you and the all the bonus items are listed with 'DOWNLOAD' buttons to the right of each of them. In case you have closed the browser,you can still download them from the accounts section in the 'Downloads and Product Keys' section by clicking you account name at the top right area,once you have logged in again to your affinity account. A confirmation e-mail for the same will also be sent.

I hope this helps.

Hello Fahad,

Thank you so much for trying to solve this. I only get the old slides for the welcome screen, and there are only two - both for me to buy the apps - which I have?? Is there a link - you know, something simple. :) Thank you!!!!!!

@Besli

You are welcome.Have you updated the Affinity Software by downloading the update to version 1.6 and installing it?. 

If you are still using version 1.5,then you won't get this link on the welcome screen. Secondly,also check that you are connected to the internet once you have installed the update,and do wait when you call the welcome screen as it takes a second or two to load the slides sometimes.

Hope it helps

Turns out I was not an "existing customer" even though I already own AP, so could not log in.

So signing up for the Affinity Store, apparently as a new customer, made the downloads available.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

• Staff
5 hours ago, smoriginal said:

How do you create a Affinity Store account

I want the free Content.

I saw you wrote this but an unsure how?

"If you bought the Mac version from the Mac App Store you need to create an Affinity Store account to claim the free content."

Thanks

As explained in the first post, if you haven't bought the Windows version of Affinity or the Designer Workbook then you have not created an Affinity Store account yet. So when you have the basket of free content do not choose "Existing Customer" as you are a new Affinity store customer. So simply provide an email address and password on that page. 

Apple app store purchases create Apple accounts and are completely unknown to Serif. So, all owners of the Mac versions will not have an Affinity store account, unless they also bought the Designer Workbook directly from Serif Affinity Store.

Creating an Affinity forum account on these pages doesn't create a store account either, and you can choose any email and password you want to claim the free content. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Now it actually W O R K E D when I changed to English US/American, pressed OK & restart.

Restarted Affinity and it's there! Try that one instead of lets say Chinese hehe :)

All good thanks MOD's for being up pretty late yesterday trying to solve this out.

ps. Could the Affinity Photo pack also be available to Designer users?? That would be amazing!

12 hours ago, aslusers said:

You probably turned off the welcome screen (thats what I did).   just got to HELP menu and select Welcome.    Mine popped up after a second.   

Nope, that was not the case. I just got the same welcome screen I always have. But when I fired up Affinity this morning, I got the updated screen with the link so life's good!

• Staff
26 minutes ago, GraviolaB17 said:

ps. Could the Affinity Photo pack also be available to Designer users?? That would be amazing!

They are licensed for the particular apps they are included with, so no not really, sorry. 

Glad you got it working 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi,

I have just updated to AP 1.6 and tried to download the bonus content.

The download was interrupted and I only got 2 out of the 3.

Is there a way of resuming the download to retrieve the missing one.

Thanks

Ron

Everyone who stuck in old welcome screen be aware: You will find the real solution here as followed !!!

You can't meet new welcome screen because affinity softwares use IE browser cores to display welcome pages!

And old IE cores are out of date and can't display welcome pages correctly.

So you should update your IE browser to the latest version as IE11 for win7, IE12 for win10!!! Then your problem will be solved!!!

• Staff
44 minutes ago, forcecommand said:

Everyone who stuck in old welcome screen be aware: You will find the real solution here as followed !!!

You can't meet new welcome screen because affinity softwares use IE browser cores to display welcome pages!

And old IE cores are out of date and can't display welcome pages correctly.

So you should update your IE browser to the latest version as IE11 for win7, IE12 for win10!!! Then your problem will be solved!!!

@forcecommand

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums.

As most of the people were having problems on Mac computers you have found one of the reasons that some users were having a problem (IE8 is not working afaik) but not the only cause of the problem, which was at our end not recognising some of the languages passed enquiring a feed. I think that there may be a few other reasons why some customers cannot see the content also, but your contrribution is appreciated as this has been a solution for a few users, yes.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
18 minutes ago, PaulAffinity said:

Windows version update done ok - BUT no Welcome screen offer, even when language change done (4 times!)...

Product licensed, owned since Dec '16....

I only want the Skies Macro, really...

Any one from Serif any ideas?

P

Please can you tell me your OS and what version of IE you have installed, thank you. The language issue has been resolved our end, and that was the problem most users were having, so now we are addressing the remaining users like yourselves who still cannot see it. The most obvious would be firewall, but if you have ever seen a slideshow in that window (i.e. before yesterday) then it is unlikely to be a firewall problem.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

UPDATE: Updated my Internet Explorer 8 to IE 11. The welcome screen now updates correctly with the claim button visible.
I have now downloaded the free content with no problems.

Same as the others, unable to download free content.... Updated Photo for Windows to 1.6. All I see is a static welcome screen with no links other than samples and tutorials.
Have tried the language workaround and checked my firewall but no use.
Logged into my Affinity account but there is no mention of free content being available to me.
My copy was bought directly from Serif 24th January 2017.Windows 7 operating system.
Hope you can help...Eventually.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

Please can you tell me your OS and what version of IE you have installed, thank you. The language issue has been resolved our end, and that was the problem most users were having, so now we are addressing the remaining users like yourselves who still cannot see it. The most obvious would be firewall, but if you have ever seen a slideshow in that window (i.e. before yesterday) then it is unlikely to be a firewall problem.

I run win7 I stripped IE out. Loathe it. Chrome only.

No worries, can live without the extras.

Cheers, Paul

Having the same problem as everyone else - no opportunity to claim anything on the Welcome screen, nor any link found to create an account on the Store. You might want to get out in front of this before too much longer and come up with a definitive fix that works, as opposed to all the goofy work-arounds.

Tom

Hi there,

Same issue. I'm in the UK.

I bought mine via the app store (I *think*) but have a Serif account as well. I've tried changing languages and restarting the app to no avail, the welcome slides just won't update (and yes, connected to the net).

Couldn't you guys just email out a temporary link (that expires on the 16th) to eligible folk? Seems a lot easier!

Lexi