You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

There's no need to sign anywhere to get the extras. Just go to menu Help ▸ Welcome Screen.... after updating the application and scroll through the horizontal slider using the dots on the bottom. One of the pages (usually the first when you open the Welcome Screen) has a link to claim the extras. Make sure you have an internet connection active and that the program is not being blocked by an anti-virus or firewall.

I am not seeing this, look at teh screenshots i posted

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

6 minutes ago, MEB said:

There's no need to sign anywhere to get the extras. Just go to menu Help ▸ Welcome Screen.... after updating the application and scroll through the horizontal slider using the dots on the bottom. One of the pages (usually the first when you open the Welcome Screen) has a link to claim the extras. Make sure you have an internet connection active and that the program is not being blocked by an anti-virus or firewall.

Yes, there is a need. The CLAIM NOW button in the app takes you to the Affinity Store and you cannot "check out" with the materials until you either create or log in to your account. Since I was able to RE-create my existing account, I was able to check out, and don't have the screen requesting the log in info, but it looked sort of like this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-02.png

27 minutes ago, dutchshader said:

links on welcome screen where?

phowelcome.png.237f7e4224897ce283ae28fa692882bc.png

deswelcome.png.7a45afd0b25d290a7a521553e7d6a713.png

Hi guys,

I'm really excited about Affinity Designer, you're doing a great job! Just installed 1.6 update and I was happy to see the Frankentoon brushes in the bonus content which I've already been planning to get.

However, I have the same issue as @dutchshader had above. Got a static welcome screen, with no scrolling images at all (it's been static for at least 30 mins already). My Windows is connected to the internet and I even added Affinity Designer purposely to the firewall exceptions to let it go through in any case, restarted AD, still, there's no difference.

8 minutes ago, brebro said:

Yes, there is a need. The CLAIM NOW button in the app takes you to the Affinity Store and you cannot "check out" with the materials until you either create or log in to your account. Since I was able to RE-create my existing account, I was able to check out, and don't have the screen requesting the log in info, but it looked sort of like this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-02.png

Yep, same for me too. You have to sign in to get the download. I have an internet connection (obviously...) and I also used the download link provided within Affinity apps.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 12.12.54.png

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6.6

Canon EOS 50D

iMac 27" 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB RAM

• Staff

Hi brebro, MacGueurle,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You're totally right. It's necessary to create an account for Mac users. Windows users just need to login with their existing account. I wasn't aware of these changes. My apologies for the mistake.

I'm correcting previous posts to avoid more confusion.

• Staff
11 minutes ago, random said:

I finally got the download  via 'Welcome' screen...

it took me to login, tried a bunch, not worked, asked to reset password..

never get email (I checked my junk folder)...

what can I do now to login or reset my password?

THX!!!!

random.

A forum account is not an Affinity Store account, and you do not have an Affinity Store account (well not under the email address you have used on the forum)

Also your old Serif account is NOT an affinity store account, the databases are independent. You will only have an Affinity Store account if you have bought the Windows version of the Software or the Affinity Designer Workbook from our site.

So to claim your Free content simply make an account on the store as you claim your content.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

SOLVED: Changing Language to other than default worked,

I do have Internet accces (to post here), Firewall disabled - I'm also getting welcome without download (same in Photo). MacOS 10.13.1, AD 1.6.0 and AP 1.6.6 from AppStore. What else must I do?

Skærmbillede 2017-11-02 kl. 17.25.19.png

Skærmbillede 2017-11-02 kl. 17.20.46.png

Edited by JensLundin
SOLVED

• Staff
10 minutes ago, FloydWorx said:

Hi guys,

I'm really excited about Affinity Designer, you're doing a great job! Just installed 1.6 update and I was happy to see the Frankentoon brushes in the bonus content which I've already been planning to get.

However, I have the same issue as @dutchshader had above. Got a static welcome screen, with no scrolling images at all (it's been static for at least 30 mins already). My Windows is connected to the internet and I even added Affinity Designer purposely to the firewall exceptions to let it go through in any case, restarted AD, still, there's no difference.

I do think this is probably a firewall issue, as that is what you would see in the trial or the beta or the desktop app if it is firewall blocked.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I have been trying to claim the extras but server just keeps rejecting my password/email combination.

Tried resetting password/rebooting etc etc but no joy.

Is it system overload? 

Or what.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

17 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I do think this is probably a firewall issue, as that is what you would see in the trial or the beta or the desktop app if it is firewall blocked.

Thanks for the response, Patrick.

In my opinion, it can't be a firewall issue since as I mentioned AD is now added to the exceptions so even if it would have been the problem before, Windows would surely let it pass by now, I restarted my PC as well.

How about placing a bonus content download link to MyAccount as well so anyone can reach it after logging in on AD's website? You know, here: https://affinity.store/en-gb/account/downloads/

I'm a Mac user and, similar to others, I do not have the links to the bonus packs.  

Trying to create an account will bring me to the iTunes Store so no resolution either.

There are no "dots" to switch screens on the welcome page

I do not have internet connection issues or firewall blockings

Any guidance on how to get the bonus packs on a Mac?

thanks.

45 minutes ago, random said:

I finally got the download  via 'Welcome' screen...

it took me to login, tried a bunch, not worked, asked to reset password..

never get email (I checked my junk folder)...

what can I do now to login or reset my password?

THX!!!!

My problem also.

On a Mac - no fire wall active. Just no response from reset request and not accepting a long time password.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

OK, for anyone on a Mac getting their Affinity software through the Mac App Store -> I had to create yet another account, this time in the Affinity Store to get the freebies. Thanks all.

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6.6

Canon EOS 50D

iMac 27" 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, FloydWorx said:

How about placing a bonus content download link to MyAccount as well so anyone can reach it after logging in on AD's website? You know, here: https://affinity.store/en-gb/account/downloads/

Not everyone who has an Affinity Store account will be entitled to the bonus material for both of the apps.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

51 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Random.

A forum account is not an Affinity Store account, and you do not have an Affinity Store account (well not under the email address you have used on the forum)

Also your old Serif account is NOT an affinity store account, the databases are independent. You will only have an Affinity Store account if you have bought the Windows version of the Software or the Affinity Designer Workbook from our site.

So to claim your Free content simply make an account on the store as you claim your content.

THX Patrick! 

I'm a Mac user.. went to App Store and of course nothing there.. 

can I have a link to where I need to register please?

THX!!!! Random

• Staff

Hi random,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Do the following: go to menu Help ▸ Welcome Screen. The first page of the horizontal slider should have a link to claim the extras/freebies. Click on it to go to the Affinity Store. If you never bought anything from the Affinity Store (that is the Affinity apps for Windows or the Affinity Designer Workbook) then you need to complete the order filling the required details to create a new account for you. If you already have bough something from there previously hten just use your existing credentials to login and download the extras.

11 minutes ago, random said:

I'm a Mac user.. went to App Store and of course nothing there.. 

can I have a link to where I need to register please?

Follow the instructions in MEB's first post

21 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Claiming Your Content

Once you have clicked on the "Claim Now" you will be taken to the Affinity Store (a shopping basket on our website).

You will ONLY have an Affinity Store account if you have bought the Windows version of Affinity Designer or the Windows version of Affinity Photo or the Affinity Designer Workbook from our site Affinity.Store.

If you bought the Mac version from the Mac App Store you need to create an Affinity Store account to claim the free content. 

A forum account is not an Affinity Store account, so if that's all you have you will need to create an account too.

A Serif legacy account (used to buy the Plus range) is NOT an affinity store account, the databases are 100%independent. 

So to claim your Free content simply make an account by using the "New To Affinity?" option on the store as you claim your content. (If you happen to have an account the New to affinity option will tell you anyway, so everyone can use that option)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Where I go wrong? 

I updated apps manualy (without running previous versions) and I wont get any "new" welcome screen with links to free stuff. :86_crying_cat_face:

Mine is like before.

(also it is a Win verion and I don't have any firewall)

affinity.jpg