You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

• Staff

This offer has expired and so this thread is locked

Finding the Offer

If you Purchase Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo for Desktop (Mac or Windows, not iPad) OR you already own Affinity on Mac or Windows, then you can also download the free content in the launch offer by updating Affinity to 1.6 and click the "Claim Now" button in the Welcome screen. The offer is only open until November 16th, so hurry up 

First Update the software to 1.6.x. Mac software bought from the Mac App Store (MAS) is updated through the MAS update tab.

Windows software can be updated by running the App and pressing Download when prompted about the newer version.

Once you have installed the update, run the Affinity software (Designer or Photo) and the splash screen shows briefly, followed by the Welcome screen that looks like this

Affinity Photo Welcome Screen

FreePhoto.jpg

Affinity Designer Welcome Screen

DesignerFree.jpg

If you have the Welcome screen turned off (in Preferences) then you can still access the Welcome screen from the Help menu > "Welcome..." option

IF YOU CANNOT SEE THE SCROLLING OFFER, you will need to give your software firewall clearance in order to see the pages that looks like these attachments. On Windows you may also need to install Internet Explorer 10 or above. Some customers report they have needed to disable VPN networks . If that does not work and you are using the purchased version (not trial or beta) then please add to this thread and we will try to help. 

Claiming Your Content

Once you have clicked on the "Claim Now" in the software Welcome screen you will be taken to the Affinity Store (a shopping basket on our website) called "Your Order Summary", from which you can claim your content. Simply make an account by using the "NEW TO AFFINITY?" option on the store as you claim your content. (If you happen to have an account the New to affinity option will tell you anyway, so everyone can use that optionThe free content will be added to the Downloads Section of your account and can be seen in future in your Affinity Store Order History.

IMPORTANT

You will ONLY have an Affinity Store account if you have bought the Windows version of Affinity Designer or the Windows version of Affinity Photo or the Affinity Designer Workbook from our site Affinity.Store.

If you bought the Mac version from the Mac App Store you need to create an Affinity Store account to claim the free content. Purchases from the Mac App Store (MAS) are ONLY in Apple's database and Affinity Mac owners DO NOT have an automatic Affinity Store account.

A forum account is not an Affinity Store account, so if that's all you have you will need to create an account too.

A Serif legacy account (used to buy the Plus range) is NOT an affinity store account, the databases are 100%independent. 

Installing the Content

Once you have downloaded the free content each zip file has instructions in an included PDF as to how to install it or use it in the appropriate Affinity application. Each one is different. As well as being inside the Zip files, you can also find these Quick start guides in English and German linked to in this resources post

For the Photo Content there is also a video on the Uplift Epic Skies collection here https://vimeo.com/240834026

10 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Rick G,

Go to menu Help ▸ Welcome.... There a link there to claim the extras.

Hi MEB,

First, thanks for the upgrade!! I've just installed both and will play tomorrow.

However: I don't see any link to claim anything? Just the standard View Samples/Tutorials and Connect, close and New Document and in Photo a more info link about Designer.

regards, Frank

12 minutes ago, frankster69 said:

Hi MEB,

First, thanks for the upgrade!! I've just installed both and will play tomorrow.

However: I don't see any link to claim anything? Just the standard View Samples/Tutorials and Connect, close and New Document and in Photo a more info link about Designer.

regards, Frank

The Welcome screen will scroll through several different welcomes. The first option is the one you're looking for.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 11.08.30 AM.png

Yet another exciting upgrade.

The link for free content on my Mac 'Designer' provides a link to the store and is as advertised in the received email but the 'Welcome' page is void of similar links on my Mac Photos 'Welcome' page.  

Is the link somewhere else in Photos ?

Regards,

Tony

I seem to be having problems getting the freebie stuff.

Problem is I receive updates via the Mac App Store but receive newsletters and have signed up to these forums using another email addie.

Tried both entering info from my Mac App Store login and forum login for the downloads, no go.

I then tried to reset my password but have yet to receive an email back on how to go about it. So, unless you guys are swamped in resetting passwords requests, I am wondering, do I have to create yet another Affinity account with a different password, entirely different from my Mac App Store, and Affinity forum ones?

Confused, I am...

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6.6

Canon EOS 50D

iMac 27" 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB RAM

Hi guys!

Thanks for the amazing update and the freebies. I also seem to be unable to access the free content though. My welcome screen is not showing the updated screen. And I am connected to the internet because I just posted this message ;)

Do I need to reboot or something?

9 minutes ago, MacGueurle said:

Problem is I receive updates via the Mac App Store but receive newsletters and have signed up to these forums using another email addie.

Tried both entering info from my Mac App Store login and forum login for the downloads, no go.

I then tried to reset my password but have yet to receive an email back on how to go about it. So, unless you guys are swamped in resetting passwords requests, I am wondering, do I have to create yet another Affinity account with a different password, entirely different from my Mac App Store, and Affinity forum ones?

Confused, I am...

I am having the same problem. I try to use the exact log-in info I have always used, but now the site claims it is incorrect. When I try to reset the password, it tells me to follow the instructions in the email being sent. But there is NO email that is ever received! I have looked in the spam folder and there is nothing there either.

10 minutes ago, TonyGB said:

Yet another exciting upgrade.

The link for free content on my Mac 'Designer' provides a link to the store and is as advertised in the received email but the 'Welcome' page is void of similar links on my Mac Photos 'Welcome' page.  

Is the link somewhere else in Photos ?

Regards,

Tony

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 15.45.21.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 15.44.51.png

23 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi frankster69,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You must be connected to the internet for the Welcome Screen pages update.

Here's the updated Welcome Screen in Affinity Photo:

updated_welcome_screen.jpg

Just updated Affinity to 1.6089, can't see any links on my welcome board :/

snip_20171102165214.png

16 minutes ago, MacGueurle said:

Confused, I am...

5 minutes ago, brebro said:

I am having the same problem. I try to use the exact log-in info I have always used, but now the site claims it is incorrect. When I try to reset the password, it tells me to follow the instructions in the email being sent. But there is NO email that is ever received! I have looked in the spam folder and there is nothing there either.

Same problem here...

7 minutes ago, brebro said:

Yep, checked the spam folder too, just in case the email ended in there but it isn't there either.

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6.6

Canon EOS 50D

iMac 27" 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB RAM

14 minutes ago, MacGueurle said:

Confused, I am...

Same problem here -

I get updates through Mac Store.  Have this account for forum.

How do I go about authorizing the downloads?

:42_confused:

9 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Freek,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Do you have any program that may be blocking Affinity's connection like anti-virus/firewalls etc?

Thank you MEB!

I turned my firewall and antivirus off but still no change. 

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Sherbakov said:

I cannot download update from my account. Nothing happens after i click download. Server is full? How else i can download installation file for Photo for Windows?

Hi Sherbakov,

Run Affinity Photo. You should receive a notification telling you that there's an update available along with a download button. Click the download button to be directed to a webpage from where you can download the installer.

• Staff
51 minutes ago, JDA67 said:

Same problem here...

Go to menu Help ▸ Welcome Screen... and scroll through the horizontal slider using the dots on the bottom. One of the pages (usually the first when you open the Welcome Screen) has a link to claim the extras. Make sure you have an internet connection active and that the program is not being blocked by an anti-virus or firewall. Mac users will have to create an account in the Affinity Store to complete the order and download the extras (assuming they haven't bought the Affinity Designer Workbook in the Affinity Store otherwise they already have an account there - just sign-in with your credentials). Windows users just need to enter their existing login credentials since they already have an account (created when they bought the app).

I just entered my existing email and password on the "create new account" option and since the store is acting like my previous account does not exist, it didn't tell me those were already in use, and I was able to check out with the free extras. Weird, but at least it worked.

49 minutes ago, MEB said:
50 minutes ago, JackofDiamonds said:

Is it correct to assume that the free macro pack and Grade UI are the same versions as were freely available before?

Yes, as far as i know there's no changes here.

Is it also correct to assume that the Texturizer Pro brushes are the same as the ones I bought from @Frankentoon? I don't mind supporting Enrique's great work, but I don't want to waste time and 'bandwidth' downloading another copy of exactly the same set!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)