You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't log in, can't reset password

I can't log in to my Affinity account to download the bonus content that's included with 1.6.  It turns out I have two accounts, and neither of them works.  Furthermore, I can't seem to reset my password for either account.  I enter my address and click the reset button, but I never receive the email with instructions.  I checked my junk mail and it's not there either.

I can log in to the support forums (clearly) but that login uses a username, not email address.

Help?

• Staff

Hi tallrob,

Run the updated program then go to menu Help ▸ Welcome Screen..., and scroll through the slider pages using the dots on bottom. One of them has a link to claim the extras. Make sure there's no firewall/anti-virus or similar blocking the program so it can update the Welcome Screen pages.

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

You don't need to sign-in anywhere.

Maybe it works differently for Mac users, but I had to sign in to my Affinity Store account to place orders for the freebies.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi tallrob,

The information i provided above is not correct. My apologies. If you are a Mac user you do have to create an Affinity Store account to complete the order and download the extras (assuming you did not bought the Affinity Designer Workbook in the Affinity Store). If you are a Windows user you already have an Affinity Store account (created when you bought the first app or the Designer Workbook there) in that case just sign-in with your existing credentials. 

52 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi tallrob,

The information i provided above is not correct. My apologies. If you are a Mac user you do have to create an Affinity Store account to complete the order and download the extras (assuming you did not bought the Affinity Designer Workbook in the Affinity Store). If you are a Windows user you already have an Affinity Store account (created when you bought the first app or the Designer Workbook there) in that case just sign-in with your existing credentials. 

So I have to create a new, third account even though I already have two accounts?  Your password reset is still not working.

• Staff

Hi tallrob

To which accounts are you referring to?

This forum account is independent from the Affinity Store account. The old Serif account (for the PagePlus products) is also independent from the Affinity Store account.

You only have an Affinity Store account if you have bought any of our apps (Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer) for Windows or the Affinity Designer Workbook.

Please check the first post on this thread for more detailed information. Let me know if you still have questions or trouble.

3 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi tallrob

To which accounts are you referring to?

This forum account is independent from the Affinity Store account. The old Serif account (for the PagePlus products) is also independent from the Affinity Store account.

You only have an Affinity Store account if you have bought any of our apps (Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer) for Windows or the Affinity Designer Workbook.

Please check the first post on this thread for more detailed information. Let me know if you still have questions or trouble.

MEB, I don't think you're reading my posts very carefully. I went to download the extras, and I was asked to either create a new account or log in with my old account.  I have two accounts from previous purchases of Affinity Photo and beta testing.  Neither of those logins worked, and neither does the password reset. I'm not talking about Forum login or old Serif accounts.  Now your first reply told me I didn't need to log in, and now you're telling me I need to create a new account. The real problem is that the login and password reset aren't working.  So perhaps you could stop replying with useless info and go see if someone knows something about that.  OK?  
Thanks.

• Staff

Hi tallrob,

Please accept my apologies for all the trouble. I'm trying to help as much users as i can and it's possible i may have confused/misunderstood a few things.

I got that you weren't able to reset you account but It's not yet clear for me if we are talking about an Affinity Store account or something else. Mac users don't have an Affinity Store account because we don't sell the Mac versions there - so most of them must create an account to download the extras; Windows users do have an Affinity Store account because it's the only place where we sell the Windows versions - their account was created automatically for them when they purchased the first app there so they simply need to use their existing logins.

If you are not able to reset your account/your logins aren't working it may be because you don't have an account there (or the reset password e-mail was automatically moved to your SPAM folder and you didn't notice it). So I'm trying to figure out to what account(s) are you referring to. Are you trying to use the credentials of the Mac App Store account  or the Affinity Forums in the Affinity Store for example? If so neither of these will work because these three accounts are not linked. They are all independent.

It would help if you tell me which computer you are running (Mac, PC?)

• Staff

Hi tallrob,

Thank you for the info. These "accounts" that you have created only have added your e-mail to our newsletter (and then forwarded you to the download link) to keep you informed about any news related to the Beta or app announcements. They are not really accounts.They are just newsletter subscriptions. So assuming that you also didn't bought the Affinity Designer Workbook on the Affinity Store (it's the only other thing we sell in the Affinity Store besides the Windows apps), you don't have any account there yet.

So to get your extras, you have to complete the "order"/create an account in the Affinity Store and only then proceed to download the goodies (you should be directed to the download page after completing the account creation process). Keep these credentials safe as you may need them later for future updates/offers.

Regarding you existing e-mail subscriptions you can easily unsubscribe one of them clicking unsubscribe from one of news mails you receive regularly.

I have a similar problem: Mac user. In the store, I enter my email address (Gmail address) at "New to Infinity?" but I never get the confirmation email to create the account. Of course, I have waited and also checked spam folders. I have tried several times, the confirmation email never arrives. In order to post this comment, I signed up to this forum which worked instantly. But the affinity store is simply not sending any emails so it's impossible to create an account!