Sign in to follow this  
kumarab123

DoF Blur Filter Unusable 1.6.0.89

As with the beta, it persists in the official version, The filter loops. CPU usage goes up to 80% and touches 100 at times. Even if you ESC out and close the program altogether, the exe still stays in memory. You have to kill it from the task manager.

Affinity Photo

i7 6700HQ, 16 Gig Ram, GTX 960m, SSD (boot)

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Depth of Field, both Elliptical and Tilt Shift? They haven't worked here for the last three betas and the current public release. Another poster mentioned this one of the beta threads.

Affinity Photo

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Samething here DoF and Tilt shift filters in 1.6.0 run in an endless loop. CPU goes up to 100%. But it works fine in 1.5.

Win 10 i3 6Gb 

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Works fine here, using the 1.6.0.89 retail release. Tried Elliptical and Tilt Shift.

CPU should hit 100% - that means we're running at 100% efficiency (i.e. making the most of your computer).

How long did you wait for it to complete?

It highly depends on the resolution. I checked it roughly in function of Mpx and the results are as follows:

for 2 Mpx about 1 sec,
for 14 Mpx about 20 sec,
for 16 Mpx about 110 sec.

This is not the linear function. For 24 Mpx f.e. it may take a long long time.

I used this function several times in latest betas, but always for 2 Mpix, so I didn't notice any problem.

THis is quite strange. I didn't wait for that long. THese are 18.2 MP files. Also, it doesn't matter if it's a linear function or not, when the 1.5 release does it in 3-4 seconds flat on the same files.

Affinity Photo

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Checked again. Yeah, takes between 45 to 50 seconds. This is very odd indeed. Why is 1.5 so many orders of magnitude faster than the latest release?

Affinity Photo

Windows 8.1 64 Bit