You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo & Designer Bonus Content

Hi, I have purchased both Affinity Designer and Photo a year ago (purchases were made through Apple App Store) but now it seems that I cannot log in to the affinity store anymore, I have tried to reset my password through my registered email address but I have received no emails with the reset details. Can you please help me?

• Staff

Hi dma_732000,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you have bought the Mac versions through the Mac App Store you don't have an Affinity Store account (we only sell the Windows versions and the Affinity Designer Workbook there). To update your software run the App Store app on your Mac, go to the Updates tab on top and click the Update button in front of the Affinity apps.

Thank you so much for the quick reply, now I have another question: in fact the problem to begin with :))) how can I download the freebies included with this release (I just upgraded freely to 1.6) since I don't have an Affinity store account and the download link/page ask for one?

• Staff

Hi GaryMulcahey,

To get the extras/freebies, go to menu Help ▸ Welcome Screen - you should see a link to claim the extras in the first page of the horizontal scroller - click on it to be redirected to the Affinity Store. Assuming you have not bought the Affinity Designer Workbook there previously you shouldn't have an account yet, so fill in your details to complete the "order" and create an account. You will then be directed to a page from where you can download the extras/freebies on your newly created Affinity Store account.

21 minutes ago, MEB said:

Those of you who are having trouble getting the Welcome Screen to update/show the extras/freebies page can you please try this:

Go to Affinity Designer/Photo Preferences, General section (or Edit ▸ Preferences ▸ General if you are using Windows) and change the Language from Default to English then restart the application.

Does it fix the issue?

Hi MEB,

I did it as you wrote above and the link to the bonuses works.

Thank you all for reporting the problem and for you MEB for tips.

I hope it will work in other users as well.

Schowek01.jpg

Thanks, MEB. Your CNTL suggestion did the trick. Using CNTL on my Mac I cleared and then brought up AD and AP again, and there was the freebie option (second window). Very much appreciated your post, and all the other help you give us!

BTW, I found no way to create a new account on the Affinity Store, unless I missed it. Finally, tried Mac's App Store, and there were the updates. I believe someone should clearly explain (or put it in Affinity's announcement) that Mac users should go to the App Store to get both updates but that Window users must create a new account at the Affinity Store, hopefully that will soon have an obvious option to create a new account. All of this is said or implied on the forum, but a clear sign post is needed at the outset (as if the folks at Affinity don't have enough to do). 

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Those of you who are having trouble getting the Welcome Screen to update/show the extras/freebies page can you please try this:

Go to Affinity Designer/Photo Preferences, General section (or Edit ▸ Preferences ▸ General if you are using Windows) and change the Language from Default to English then restart the application.

Does it fix the issue?

I can confirm that MEBs solution -- changing the language -- WORKS (using AD on WIN10). Thank you!

Hi all

I've just downloaded Affinity Designer after using the free trial for a few days and especially as there were some awesome freebies on offer! I've tried all the hints and tips people have suggested to download the freebies and only managed to get the Designer Bonus Pack (brush textures, fonts and UI kit). I don't see an option in the horizontal slider for the photo bonus content. Could someone confirm if I am eligible for this free content (as I only purchased the full version today, 2nd Nov 2017) or if the Photo Bonus Pack was for existing customers only?

Many thanks,

Chris

Hi all,

I read this thread and tried the "change my language" fix. No luck. I also rebooted to make sure. No luck. 

I am sure there is something I am doing incorrectly but I cannot figure it out. Below is a link to a video on Screen-Cast-o-Matic where I:

• Open Affinity Photo
  • Confirm no bonus materials
  • Close the welcome screen
  • Change my language to English UK
  • Restart A.P.
  • Change my language to English US.
  • Restart A.P.

Am I missing a step? I also tried changing my language to Spanish but that didn't work either. 

I'm using Windows 7 and I disabled antivirus to make sure nothing was interfering with the network connection.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbXfqY2iL6

Thanks,

Tracy

• Staff
13 hours ago, TracyT said:

Hi all,

I read this thread and tried the "change my language" fix. No luck. I also rebooted to make sure. No luck. 

I am sure there is something I am doing incorrectly but I cannot figure it out. Below is a link to a video on Screen-Cast-o-Matic where I:

• Open Affinity Photo
  • Change my language to English UK
  • Restart A.P.
  • Change my language to English US.
  • Restart A.P.

Am I missing a step? I also tried changing my language to Spanish but that didn't work either. 

I'm using Windows 7 and I disabled antivirus to make sure nothing was interfering with the network connection.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbXfqY2iL6

Thanks,

Tracy

It was reported by a few people that they had to update Internet Explorer (to version 10 in the post I saw) on Windows 7, before it showed. We have not proven this yet, but I can imagine that IE8 is insufficient, as the content in the Welcome screen draws in an Explorer window. 

NOTE: The "Change the language" work around is no longer a solution and not worth trying. It stopped making a difference about 9am yesterday when that problem was fixed. Anyone suggesting that still will not be helping anyone solve this. It WAS a work around on Thursday and Friday morning but is now not part of the solution. If you cannot see the promotion then don't waste time changing your language. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

No offer in the Welcome screen here.  Tried changing the language from US - Brit - US, no difference.

59fea81cd09f3_welcomescreen.thumb.jpg.edd5e42d6b248484d4e1bbc61fe0ee4c.jpg

I'm on Windows 7 but don't use IE; I use Firefox and it is up to date.  I tried with the ad-blocker and Ghostery both turned off, no difference.

The freebies do not appear in my Downloads at the store.

DownloadPage.thumb.jpg.d5370c1fe70464db343fc4e89089d6a0.jpg

• Staff
2 hours ago, Bobthearch said:

No offer in the Welcome screen here.  Tried changing the language from US - Brit - US, no difference.

I'm on Windows 7 but don't use IE; I use Firefox and it is up to date.  I tried with the ad-blocker and Ghostery both turned off, no difference.

The freebies do not appear in my Downloads at the store.

Bobthearch, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

It is not relevant what your default browser is, Internet Explorer is still installed and is the only browser window that is programmatically available to Windows programs, so it is what is used to display the feed in the Welcome screen. 

So, knowing that can you please confirm the version that you have installed irrespective of you not normally using it. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 11/4/2017 at 5:54 PM, Patrick Connor said:

It was reported by a few people that they had to update Internet Explorer (to version 10 in the post I saw) on Windows 7, before it showed. We have not proven this yet, but I can imagine that IE8 is insufficient, as the content in the Welcome screen draws in an Explorer window. 

NOTE: The "Change the language" work around is no longer a solution and not worth trying. It stopped making a difference about 9am yesterday when that problem was fixed. Anyone suggesting that still will not be helping anyone solve this. It WAS a work around on Thursday and Friday morning but is now not part of the solution. If you cannot see the promotion then don't waste time changing your language. 

Thanks Patrick!

Upgrading IE worked. I never use it so I never thought to upgrade it. I went from v9 to v11 and Affinity delivered the bonus content the next time I opened it.

Tracy

• 3 weeks later...

I bought both Designer and Photo when they first came out through Apple's app store.

I'm kind of pissed you guys didn't email me (you have it) about the free content with 1.6.

I got 1.6 through an automatic update and read about it's new features there, but there's no was no mention of the free downloads.

Just today I learned you offered this, but it seems I found out too late.

Really, how do you expect existing customers to find out about these kinds of things?

I love your apps but your marketing department really needs some work.

I can tell you that besides on the email, the Freebies were mentioned on their Blog, on their Twitter account, on their Topic about the release here in the forums, on their Facebook account and on the YouTube/Vimeo Descriptions. So, for me it was hard to miss the news about Free content (the email is the last thing I check in a day).

Best regards!