You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

• Staff

What's New in Affinity Photo 1.6

• New light user interface option
  • New stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
  • New "Edit In" integration with Apple Photos 
  • Metal 2 accelerated view optimised for macOS High Sierra
  • Improved view pan/zoom performance and
  • Improved performance with large documents
  • New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites
  • New Glyph browser
  • Align to key items 
  • Text frame vertical alignment options
  •  Fit frame to text
  • Custom brush wet edges
  • Outlier stacking mode
  • Improved Photoshop Plugin support
  • Improved Live Filters performance
  • Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
  • Numerous bug fixes and other improvements

For more information about the Affinity Photo launch and how to buy go here

What's New in Affinity Designer 1.6

• New light user interface option
  • New stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
  • Metal 2 accelerated view optimised for macOS High Sierra 
  • New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites
  • New Glyph browser
  • Improved view pan/zoom performance 
  • Improved performance with large documents
  • Align to key items 
  • Text frame vertical alignment options
  • Fit frame to text 
  • Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
  • Added 'Unlock All' and 'Show All' commands
  • Numerous bug fixes and other improvements

For more information about the Affinity Designer launch and how to buy go here

Links? Lynx?

Thanks!

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff
Just now, Rick G said:

Links?

Thanks!

Run the Windows app and it will automatically find the update and prompt to install. OR if you want to squirrel away a copy, log into your account and press download on your order history. There is no incremental patch, only the full download as always.

For Affinity apps on the Mac, use the Mac store Updates option.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just now, Patrick Connor said:

Run the Windows app and it will automatically find the update and prompt to install. OR if you want to squirrel away a copy, log into your account and press download on your order history. There is no incremental patch, only the full download as always.

Got it already and thanks for all the hard work. And thanks for NOT doing a secret web install.

[RANT}I just installed a patch for Corel PSP and they have it so it installs and you cannot save it.. Easily  fixed by having the appdata/.temp folder open and copying it out before pressing the install button. After the install it trashes the temp folder Silly and pointless. Easier to just get the file and have it to install whenever

[\RANT]

Again thanks!

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

You have a video out about an Epic skies bonus pack. I did not see that anywhere. Is there a link?

Thanks again

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

Small typing error

2017-11-02_163431.png.5ae0a85410ba3e241b751c62e0806950.png

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

oh my god THANK you! The improvements in fonts are just what I was missing once I moved from illustrator! Now I can easily search the huge library I have even if I remember just one part of the font's name! And the glyphs! YEY! Thank you all for your hard work, it make our's a little bit easier every time :)

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

40 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

First thank you for the update. When installing the update of AP on Windows does it install in the same folder as 1.5%, thank you

Many thanks for the update, and the free content. Very happy with this.

Just to report, an error message when trying to unzip the 'frankentoon-texturizerpro-brushes' file. I can drag everything to where I want it, apart from the 'QuickStart_Guide.pdf'. I'm getting the error:
1 Headers Error : QuickStart_Guide.pdf

Even when I try to just drag the file to my desktop.

1.PNG

16 minutes ago, huphtur said:

Just upgraded, Affinity Photo crashes when going to Preferences (I'm on MacOS High Sierra). :(

Have that too.. and on High Sierre on a Macbook Pro 2016 .. Reinstall and Restart didn't fix the glitch :2_grimacing:

Just now, MEB said:

Hi Sherbakov,

Run Affinity Photo. You should receive a notification telling you that there's an update available along with a download button. Click download to be directed to a webpage from where you can download the installer.

That is a problem: i click download and just nothing happens. May be i need to wait. I am eager to install.