You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

I am reasonably sure that when the iPad version is launched, there will be a new topic about that here, in the News and Information forum, on the Affinity home page at https://affinity.serif.com/, & on the Affinity social media pages.

Also, at https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/notifications/options/ you can tick the "Send me news and information" checkbox to get on the Affinity mailing list. Don't worry about getting spammed with tons of emails -- they are very good about limiting what they send you to the important stuff.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, Zedicus said:

looking for any news on Affinity Designer for iPad

There’s a strong hint in this post:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Dorothy said:

Am I going to be able to open past affinity files with this update?-_-

Yes, you are. You may not be able to open version 1.6 or 1.7 files in earlier versions of the app, but you will always be able to open older files in later versions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
13 minutes ago, Ralph Miller said:

Is Affinity Photo works the same as the Adobe Photoshop? I am already using photoshop and now I want to try affinity photo. I found from youtube Affinity has some cool features.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums No Affinity Photo is not the same as any other application but it does offer tools that are similar to other photo editors. You can get the Mac or Windows Affinity Photo trial here affin.co/phototrial

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

14 hours ago, Ralph Miller said:

Is Affinity Photo works the same as the Adobe Photoshop? I am already using photoshop and now I want to try affinity photo. I found from youtube Affinity has some cool features.

I was using professionally Photoshop for about 2 decades but I switched to Affinity Photo without major issues. Its lighter, it works great, it is handling vectors much better then PS and I don't have to pay for it every month. Also Affinity Photo isn't bloated with some nonsense like movie editing, 3D (which I love but I have Substance Painter for it not PS) and some more. Sure, I would love to see improvements in some areas but I can see Affinity team working constantly on making Photo and Designer better every day. Strongly recommended to check it out.