You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

7 minutes ago, MEB said:

Well, I found this information where you advise to look for, but it change nothing about my tip: the release notes should be present in the help window or in the download page that Affinity itself sent me.
Otherwise I can not understand the advantage to update my current version.
Here some examples of other soft. All of them propose the change list except Affinity.
Thank you
5a9d882275658_MAJAffinity.thumb.png.bad7bfa11d6b7f4432760dd6ab5591ff.png5a9d88396d6f3_MAJFreeFileSync.thumb.png.c8a620811966664ea6dfad109c909cf8.png5a9d88403901f_MAJVEgasPro.png.c3f2245733dba6006ec0e2f2f032a8c3.png5a9d884c23353_MAJXnViewMP.thumb.png.9851ed3911fe9af4dfbf7a03962ae28b.png

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Sirio said:

Well, I found this information where you advise to look for, but it change nothing about my tip: the release notes should be present in the help window or in the download page that Affinity itself sent me.
Otherwise I can not understand the advantage to update my current version.
Here some examples of other soft. All of them propose the change list except Affinity.
Thank you

Our release notes are normally added to the news forums  We would recommend always being on the latest version that Auto-update suggests for you but if you would rather wait for the release notes and make your own decision, then please follow this news and information forum and the release notes will be added soon after release.

I will suggest this change to the documentation team also, thank you

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

13 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Our release notes are normally added to the news forums  We would recommend always being on the latest version that Auto-update suggests for you but if you would rather wait for the release notes and make your own decision, then please follow this news and information forum and the release notes will be added soon after release.

I will suggest this change to the documentation team also, thank you

Please let me know which post that contain the update of Affinty 1.6.4

I've been looking for a couple of hours to look for that.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, jagovisual said:

Please let me know which post that contain the update of Affinty 1.6.4

For which Affinity app, which platform (Mac, iOS, or Windows), & beta or retail version?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
7 minutes ago, R C-R said:

For which Affinity app, which platform (Mac, iOS, or Windows), & beta or retail version?

Both apps, Release/Retail version, Windows. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Both apps, Release/Retail version, Windows. 

All in one post

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Stop being pedantic please.

He was quoting my generic post, and I can post links to 2 announcements and @jagovisual can use whichever he needs, it's not important to this thread which application, though he/she is welcome to be specific if he/she chooses

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

5 minutes ago, R C-R said:

All in one post

Your ‘link’ doesn’t work! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Stop being pedantic please.

Sorry. My intent was not to be pedantic. I was confused about the 1.6.4 version numbers for Mac vs. Windows. Still am, I guess. :$

Affinity Photo 

18 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Your ‘link’ doesn’t work! :P

If I thought it would help to make a link to a 404 error page, I would have added one.

Recently, I have had a lot of trouble trying to sort out all the different version numbers being mentioned in various posts, & browsing through the News & Info & beta forums has not helped much to lessen my confusion. There seems to be a plethora of Windows version numbers, but none for a 1.6.4 version of anything. On the Mac side, AFAIK Affinity Photo  is at v1.6.1 & Affinity Designer is at v 1.6.7. But someone mentioned a 1.6.8 version, presumably for Affinity Designer for Mac, so I am not at all sure of what the most current versions for anything are anymore. O.o

Affinity Photo 

• Staff

I will try to clarify in a questions thread, but it's a bit tricky. I'm not surprised that you are confused, sorry 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I'm also interested in the patch/release notes for 1.6.4.

For my everyday work it's mandatory that I know what tools/features have changed/added, etc..

In my opinion (and it seems like I'm not the only one) this is something that should be very visible as soon as the update hits. especially what new features were added.

I'd love to see a simple splash screen with 'what's new' on starting up the new version the first time with the most important changes and a link to the whole change log, without me having to search through a whole forum, just to not find any information.

just my two cents...

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I will try to clarify in a questions thread, but it's a bit tricky. I'm not surprised that you are confused, sorry 

Thank you @Patrick Connor for that post, acknowledging how confusing 'things' are.

But not for where you are going to post the 'tricky' explanation(s) - yet more 'trawling though heavy seas' to find them.

When you open the Software, you get a hint for a new Version. But if you are klicking "OK", nothing happens. The Windows with the Hint closes by itself and thats all.
Would it be possible, that, when you klick "OK", to implement there a Link wich brings you straight to the Downloadpage?
I think that will be the best Solution. Isn´t it?

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• Staff
25 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

When you open the Software, you get a hint for a new Version. But if you are klicking "OK", nothing happens. The Windows with the Hint closes by itself and thats all.
Would it be possible, that, when you klick "OK", to implement there a Link wich brings you straight to the Downloadpage?
I think that will be the best Solution. Isn´t it?

The functionality that you describe as wanting is exactly what happens when you press Download, which exits the app. OK is there to say you have seen the message and acknowledge you will deal with it in your own time

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
2 hours ago, PeanutsA said:

Thank you @Patrick Connor for that post, acknowledging how confusing 'things' are.

But not for where you are going to post the 'tricky' explanation(s) - yet more 'trawling though heavy seas' to find them.

Quite so, I have done what I can and will try to maintain it

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

The functionality that you describe as wanting is exactly what happens when you press Download, which exits the app. OK is there to say you have seen the message and acknowledge you will deal with it in your own time

I think i need new glasses.. sorry... i´m sooo old :4_joy::4_joy:

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having problems downloading? According to the update website, it's only 222MB - which should take no time at all on my broadband connection. Trying to download 1.6.4 had got to 5% after about 40 minutes... I'm now trying 1.6.3.103 instead - and it's done 15% in over 20 minutes. 

Alison

Alison

Serif user since the mid-1990s. Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo all at 1.8.5.703. Windows 10. 

10 hours ago, ajpeck123 said:

Anyone else having problems downloading? According to the update website, it's only 222MB - which should take no time at all on my broadband connection. Trying to download 1.6.4 had got to 5% after about 40 minutes... I'm now trying 1.6.3.103 instead - and it's done 15% in over 20 minutes. 

Alison

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Alison. :)

That sounds pretty slow! Did you try again later, or just give up? I don't have a particularly fast connection at the best of times, but when I downloaded version 1.6.4.104 of both APh and AD a couple of weeks ago I achieved download speeds of more than 300 KB/s for each one. My usual download speed is three times faster, but even at those slower speeds my downloads were finished in about 12 minutes each.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)