You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

2 hours ago, HudKol said:

The question I have though is what about Affinity Publisher last time I saw anything about it, that it was going to be available for Beta towards the end of 2017... well we are just about there and yet no news.

Is it still going to be for beta in 2017 or has it been pushed back?

Uh-oh. You asked about Publisher! Now you have to go stand in the corner and be pummeled with a canned response!! 

No chair.gif

LOL pound 3.gif

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

8 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Retrograde,

This is a known issue with switching the UI on Mavericks and has been logged with Development. Not all of the UI is being changed over when you switch UI, however restarting the app will force it, which is why it will have resolved itself.

Thanks Sean for clarifying that.

Huge kudos for releasing 1.6 !  :1_grinning: :1_grinning::1_grinning: B|

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hey!

I have Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer ver 1.5. I was able to upgrade my Affinity Photo to ver 1.6 for free through the Mac App Store. However, for Affinity Designer, it says it will cost $49.99 and does not have the upgrade option. Can you please advise? Thank you for the great updates as always!!

1 minute ago, charleshb said:

Hey!

I have Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer ver 1.5. I was able to upgrade my Affinity Photo to ver 1.6 for free through the Mac App Store. However, for Affinity Designer, it says it will cost $49.99 and does not have the upgrade option. Can you please advise? Thank you for the great updates as always!!

Do you have more than one Apple ID? If so, you need to make sure that you’re logged in to the MAS with the one that you used when purchasing the app.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

Do you have more than one Apple ID? If so, you need to make sure that you’re logged in to the MAS with the one that you used when purchasing the app.

Hey Alfred, 

Thanks for responding. I only have one Apple ID that I've been using for years. I just checked the receipt for my Affinity Designer purchase and it's the same account! 

How very odd, Charles! Are you saying that AD doesn’t appear on the Purchased tab? (I don’t have a Mac, so pretty much everything I’ve written here is based on what I’ve read in other threads.)

Alfred spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Alfred said:

How very odd, Charles! Are you saying that AD doesn’t appear on the Purchased tab? (I don’t have a Mac, so pretty much everything I’ve written here is based on what I’ve read in other threads.)

Alfred, you are clutch my man. I didn't think about going to the Purchases tab. There was an option to update from there! Thank you so much!! 

I have just realized how much better AD-AI integration became in 1.6 release! I had problems with outline sizes before - like if i do outlines thicker than 4 px and try to copy and paste them from AD to Illustrator they were pasted like and expanded stroke with too many points, that is - were unusable. So i had to decrease stroke thickness to low (sometimes 0,1 px worked) and then increase it again in Illustrator. But since 1.6 release i just copy/paste strokes of any thickness - that saves time! Also, with complex graphics - when you paste one shape into another and so on - it is pasted perfectly to illustrator now, and before it usually became rasterised... Thank you guys! 

I'd like not to use illustrator at all, but many other people rely on it... Violent world, nobody understands me...:86_crying_cat_face:

Follow me on Dribbble

https://dribbble.com/g-avoyan

it too me over one hour to figure out how update photos on my macbook pro/  there was no update info on the splash screen. no place to upgrade easily. i had to read tons of threads to get to where i could download AT THE MAC STORE!!!

why make is so difficult to upgrade?

please stay accessible. 

one hour to find where to upgrade is ridiculous. should be a place on your site to easily upgrade without this nonsense.

getting disenchanted rapidly.

• Staff

Hi reynoldsarts,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is a standard practise for all apps sold through the Mac App Store. When you want to update them, go to the Updates tab on the Mac App Store and click the Update button in front of them. You can also configure it to update the apps automatically going to the App Store menu on the top left, selecting Preferences.... and ticking the Install app updates box.

5 hours ago, reynoldsarts said:

What about add ons? They are impossible to find. Not on splash screen. 

Just to avoid any confusion about this, the offer for the free (until Nov. 16) content downloads appears on the version 1.6.x Welcome screen, not the splash screen that briefly appears when an app is launched. If you have previously unchecked the "Show this Panel on Startup" box on the Welcome screen, it will not show unless you go to the Affinity Help menu at the top of your screen & click the "Welcome..." item. Note, Version 1.5.x does not show the offer, so update first. 

On a Mac, you purchase the Affinity app through the Mac App Store ("MAS"). Apple does not share individual buyer data with any third party vendor selling through MAS, including Serif/Affinity. This is done for security & privacy reasons. Because of this, Serif/Affinity has no way of knowing if you qualify for the offer, other than through the Welcome screen. The offer is made by Serif/Affinity through their own Affinity Store, but the content itself is owned by whoever created it. They determine the conditions of the offer, not Serif/Affinity.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 minutes ago, Canuck said:

LOL @ 'security reasons'. Uh no, they do it to ensure they get a piece of the pie. It's called GREED. 

How do you figure that? If they’re jealously guarding their customer data they already have those people as customers, so they’re already getting the corresponding pieces of the pie.

Alfred spacer.png

1 minute ago, Canuck said:

I own our CN Tower here in Toronto. Send me $2000 and it is yours. 

LOL. If you owned the CN Tower you wouldn’t be interested in a measly $2000.

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Odd... I have no problem with my own Corel PSP. Perhaps you are doing something wrong? Mine went smooth as silk, as it always does. 

You can't save the update file. As soon as it finishes updating it deletes the temp file.

IF you open the Local appdata folder you can see it and then as soon as it has launched it to do the update, copy and paste it somewhere else so if I need to reinstall PSP, I have the updates along with the original files

No problem and it is probably a good thing that it is cleaning up after itself ... just inconvenient. I like the way serif is doing it. Let me download the latest file and save it somewhere

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

50 minutes ago, Alfred said:

LOL. If you owned the CN Tower you wouldn’t be interested in a measly $2000.

It will buy the caviar ... B|

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

LOL @ 'security reasons'. Uh no, they do it to ensure they get a piece of the pie. It's called GREED. 

Nope. All apps bought through the Mac App Store include an anti-piracy & anti-malware feature that locally generates a receipt file encrypted with the Apple iD used when the app was bought. If the app has been altered, for example by someone injecting malevolent code into it & distributing that as 'free' version, or if the receipts file is missing or has been altered, the app will not run.

This protects both Apple's & Serif's "piece of the pie" but it also protects end users from malware posing as legitimate MAS apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 03/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, ohaya said:

Hi,

I am new here, but is it just me, or are the downloads really slow?

Thanks,

Jim

It's very very slow on my i7 desktop. Won't bother with the laptop. The software is so cool, but the performance negates that. I've had to purchase Photoshop recently because I can't be waiting for processors to finish. I think that once the software is more optimised then this truly will be a Photoshop killer. For now though I find myself using primirily Photoshop but will continue to learn/use Affinity Photo becuase I do see it as next-gen software.