You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

6 hours ago, desult said:

I'm most excited to see the ability to Unlock All on the list of new features! I've tried it out and live the way it works!

Something I've noticed though, the shortcut for Unlock All does not work if I use the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT on the right side of the keyboard, I've got to use the keys on the left side of the keyboard. I'm not sure if that is intentional or consistent with the way shortcut keys work.

On a UK Windows keyboard there are two different Alt keys. The one to the right of the space bar is Alt Gr, which is usually equivalent to Ctrl+Alt.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 02/11/2017 at 10:26 PM, MEB said:

Hi tomejohn,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm assuming you are using a Mac. To update the application open the Mac App Store app, go to the Updates tab on top then click the Update button in front of the app you want to update from the list below.

My Mac version already seems to be 1.6.6, and while it is no big deal I don't see how to get the 'goodies'.

Cheers,

• Staff

Hi csbc,

Goo to menu Help ▸ Welcome.... One of the pages of the horizontal scroller has a Claim Now button for the extras. Click on it to be redirected to the Affinity Store webpage. If you are a Mac user and didn't bought the Affinity Designer Workbook in the Affinity Store you probably don't have an account there (we only sell the Mac applications to the Apple Mac App Store which is not linked in any way with the Affinity Store). In this case you have to create a new account, filling in the details in the New to Affinity? tab on bottom to create a new account/complete the "extras" order. You will then be redirected to a page where you can download them.

3 hours ago, aasifaalamkhan said:

[EDIT] Link removed.

This is the link I am getting from the update page. But it is not downloading the file. Why is no one helping me?

IT is the weekend so nothing until MOnday most likely. If they do not get to this on Monday, PM me as I have the windows products and can send you a dropbox link

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

On 02/11/2017 at 10:26 PM, MEB said:

Hi tomejohn,

I'm assuming you are using a Mac. To update the application open the Mac App Store app, go to the Updates tab on top then click the Update button in front of the app you want to update from the list below.

My Mac version already seems to be 1.6.6, and while it is no big deal I don't see how to get the 'goodies'.

Cheers,

Having some weirdness with some of the preference and brush pref window type not being readable, see attached.

Anyone else have this? Looks like it might just be on the Light UI?

Mavericks, Designer 1.6

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.33.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.34.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 12.06.52 AM.png

• Staff
5 hours ago, piotrlachowicz said:

Hi, 

the program turns off when you click on "preferences" (macOS high sierra)

Hi piotrlachowicz,

Do the following: press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the program using the Launchpad or from the Applications folder, leave just the first box ticked (Clear User Defaults), then press the Clear button. This should fix the issue for you.

1 hour ago, retrograde said:

Having some weirdness with some of the preference and brush pref window type not being readable, see attached.

Mavericks, Designer 1.6

I use the light UI and am NOT getting this at all on my Windows version

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff
1 hour ago, retrograde said:

Mavericks, Designer 1.6

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.33.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.34.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 12.06.52 AM.png

Hi retrograde,

This is probably an issue specific to Mavericks on the Mac.

I'm not able to test it here (i don't have any system running Mavericks) but i will log this to be checked Monday.

Sorry the trouble.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:09 PM, Flavio said:

I'm using the latest version of Affinity Photo:

aphoto-screencap.png

Same here.

I didn't read all the posts in this thread. Was this supposed to be fixed for the launch?

Because in the official 1.6 the option is still missing.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

5 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi piotrlachowicz,

Do the following: press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the program using the Launchpad or from the Applications folder, leave just the first box ticked (Clear User Defaults), then press the Clear button. This should fix the issue for you.

it worked .. thank you for the help :)

Excellent Update. Just enjoyed working with the 1.6 updates,playing with the stabilizer modes and the Light UI mode is the best of them all,as if a light has been switched on while working in a Dark room. The light mode has been a blessing,its really is easy on the eyes compared to the dark mode. The freebies are also great. 

I wish that if more procedural filters like perlin filter could be added [OR] an ability to program  procedural texture creations through a publicly available SDK and effects [OR] a tool similar to pixel bender is added,it will become even more useful for people who create lots of Sprite based Assets for games,especially textured ones.

Thanks a lot Serif,keep up the good work and keep on adding more and more features to the Affinity Suite.

On 11/4/2017 at 10:49 AM, MEB said:

Hi retrograde,

This is probably an issue specific to Mavericks on the Mac.

I'm not able to test it here (i don't have any system running Mavericks) but i will log this to be checked Monday.

Sorry the trouble.

So this situation seems to have resolved itself... weird. All good now.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:42 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Affinity Photo codebase (released through the iPad has already got from 1.6.0 to 1.6.5. This implies that Affinity Photo desktop is later, so we chose 1.6.6

Affinity Designer has not been released on any platform before yesterday, so we called it 1.6.0. This is also based on the same codebase as photo 1.6.6 but there are a lot fewer people exchanging files between designer and photo than between iPad and Mac, so we wanted to give the desktop Photo owners confidence that it had all the same fixes as the live iPad version. In that respect we should do a 1.6.6 iPad update when we can, but it's not high priority as of today.

Tickled my OCD for weeks through the beta, but it's a fair compromise, as calling them all 1.6.0 except for the live iPad feels wrong, as does launching them all as 1.6.6 on desktop...

Thank you Patrick for your explanation. It does make sense.

So we'll have to wait for the 1.6.6 update on the iPad for a light UI, I guess. (Although, I have been quite comfortable with the dark UI so far. Not sure if I will switch)

I have had Affinity Photo since day one & have had the updates available downloaded to 1,5,1 & you sent me notice of the update to 6.1 BUT I have no access to any update files to download.

The update to Affinity Designer came Via Apple store but nothing for Affinity Photo.   Is it still coming or have I fallen off the system ????

Regards Brian

Edited by Brian Bennett
Spelling error

• Staff
14 hours ago, retrograde said:

So this situation seems to have resolved itself... weird. All good now.

Hi Retrograde,

This is a known issue with switching the UI on Mavericks and has been logged with Development. Not all of the UI is being changed over when you switch UI, however restarting the app will force it, which is why it will have resolved itself.

Congrats on the update, It is awesome. 

The question I have though is what about Affinity Publisher last time I saw anything about it, that it was going to be available for Beta towards the end of 2017... well we are just about there and yet no news.

Is it still going to be for beta in 2017 or has it been pushed back?

You guys have made some awesome software, now we just need an Adobe In-Design killer from Affinity to round out the pack... except for maybe an Affinity D.A.M though :) that would just be awesome.