You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

• Staff
2 hours ago, spidermurph said:

Both programs have installed.

I am getting a lot of these in Designer.

Capture.JPG

Sorry to hear that. Please create a thread in the bugs on Windows forum this is a busy post for support problems

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
7 hours ago, Jarle Petterson said:

OK, I know I asked the same question yesterday, but as it remains unanswered:

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to the Mac procedure for the installation of the bonus material?

Greetings from

Jarle

Once you have downloaded the free content each zip file has instructions in an included PDF as to how to install it or use it in the app. Each one is different.

There is also a a video on the Uplift Epic Skies collection https://vimeo.com/240834026

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

"

Hi Merluza,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

It's possible that there was some issue with the new 1.6 trial and we have temporarily removed it, keeping the previous one (1.5.2) available.

Let me check what's going on.

[EDIT] The 1.6 trials are not available yet. We will release them later (no eta) so we can include a couple fixes for issues detected after the 1.6 release.

Many thanks for your reply.

Edited by Merluza
Added original post

18 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Once you have downloaded the free content each zip file has instructions in an included PDF as to how to install it or use it in the app. Each one is different.

There is also a a video on the Uplift Epic Skies collection https://vimeo.com/240834026

Ah, OK!

Thanks a bundle, Patrick!

Cheers,

Jarle

Congratulations to the Devs; with each beta, with each new version, I fall more and more in love with Affinity!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

On 11/2/2017 at 11:45 AM, arvid said:

And thanks for the free content. However, I wanted to note that the "tom-chalky-handcrafted-fonts-textures" download is needlessly huge in file size - most of the PNGs in it are not compressed at all. I recommend anyone who downloads it to run the PNGs through ImageOptim (on Mac) or PNGGauntlet (on windows).

I noticed one potential drawback when running these PNGs through ImageOptim on Macs if one is using the default ImageOptim Preferences > General setting to strip PNG metadata from the files: that removes their color profiles (all set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 from what I can tell).

For some uses that might be undesirable, so to be on the safe side, it might be a good idea to consider disabling that option at least temporarily when compressing this huge batch of PNGs. It will reduce the file size savings somewhat -- I am seeing "only" 38-45% savings on some of them, but on most others it still saves ~99% so it is well worth doing.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Where did Affinity Photo 1.6.0 go?

I must have missed something, but I can't find any comment on this in this thread nor in the beta forum. 

Both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo are moving from 1.5.x to 1.6 versions, and, while AD starts at the logical 1.6.0, AP jumps to 1.6.6.

This is of very little importance, but still tickles my OCD somewhat. 

• Staff
2 minutes ago, vonBusing said:

Where did Affinity Photo 1.6.0 go?

I must have missed something, but I can't find any comment on this in this thread nor in the beta forum. 

Both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo are moving from 1.5.x to 1.6 versions, and, while AD starts at the logical 1.6.0, AP jumps to 1.6.6.

This is of very little importance, but still tickles my OCD somewhat. 

Affinity Photo codebase (released through the iPad has already got from 1.6.0 to 1.6.5. This implies that Affinity Photo desktop is later, so we chose 1.6.6

Affinity Designer has not been released on any platform before yesterday, so we called it 1.6.0. This is also based on the same codebase as photo 1.6.6 but there are a lot fewer people exchanging files between designer and photo than between iPad and Mac, so we wanted to give the desktop Photo owners confidence that it had all the same fixes as the live iPad version. In that respect we should do a 1.6.6 iPad update when we can, but it's not high priority as of today.

Tickled my OCD for weeks through the beta, but it's a fair compromise, as calling them all 1.6.0 except for the live iPad feels wrong, as does launching them all as 1.6.6 on desktop...

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 hour ago, ronnyb said:

Congratulations to the Devs; with each beta, with each new version, I fall more and more in love with Affinity!

To the developers ...

ATT56544544.gif

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

On 11/2/2017 at 4:06 PM, Rick G said:

You have a video out about an Epic skies bonus pack. I did not see that anywhere. Is there a link?

Thanks again

If you've been using Designer or Photo for a while you will probably have switched off the Welcome Screen.

Start Affinity Photo, go Help - Welcome and the popup will show.  The big panel on the left is a 3 part slider - either wait or use the button on the side to go to the 3rd panel which has a button that takes you to the Affinity Site.  If you haven't done so, you'll need to create an account (also for Designer downloads), but it's there that you'll find the free downloads.  All packages come with an instruction PDF of how to install/use them and I believe even with video examples.

For Designer the process is similar, but the link to the free goodies is on the SECOND pane instead of the third.

If you've been using Affinity from v1.5 you'll find that you already have the Photo macros pack and the Designer grade-ui-kit - not sure if there has been any update to them since 1.5.

So there :) 

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

MEB,

I am using MAC OS Sierra. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi photoShooter,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No you don't have to purchase it again. Which OS are you using? macOS or Windows?

I have Affinity Photo 1.5.2 and I do not see any link to update to 1.6. Or do I have to purchase Affinity Photo again?

If you're a Mac user, use the Updates option in the Mac App Store. If you're a Windows user, the app will automatically find the update on launch; alternatively, log into your Affinity Store account and press the 'Download' button against the item in your order history.

All 1.x updates are free for existing owners of any 1.x version. Version 2.0, when it eventually arrives, will be a paid-for upgrade (but the 1.x versions won't stop working, so upgrading will be entirely voluntary).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Is it possible that I miss the preset filters like Acid Bath, Dramatic, Maximum Grid etc in the 1.6.6 version? I mean the ones in Tone Mapping Personal: Presets ->

Default/Extreme/Crazy/James Ritson Customs
Edited by Dennis043
additional info

1 hour ago, TomWolsky said:

Thank you Alfred. Mac user. Should the App Store put up a notification? Didn't get that.

I did, but as is often the case with the MAS it didn't show up until about 10 hours after the update went live. I think this is because Apple doesn't 'push' the notifications out all at once to everybody to reduce the load on their servers.

Sometimes, I don't get notifications for up to a couple of days after the release is available, but opening the MAS app & clicking the Updates tab will always show them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I'm most excited to see the ability to Unlock All on the list of new features! I've tried it out and live the way it works!

Something I've noticed though, the shortcut for Unlock All does not work if I use the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT on the right side of the keyboard, I've got to use the keys on the left side of the keyboard. I'm not sure if that is intentional or consistent with the way shortcut keys work.