You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

• Staff
16 hours ago, Kiarian said:

Many thanks for the update, and the free content. Very happy with this.

Just to report, an error message when trying to unzip the 'frankentoon-texturizerpro-brushes' file. I can drag everything to where I want it, apart from the 'QuickStart_Guide.pdf'. I'm getting the error:
1 Headers Error : QuickStart_Guide.pdf

Even when I try to just drag the file to my desktop.

1.PNG

Hi Kiarian,
Just tried this myself and for some reason 7-zip doesn't like this zip file and instead reports the issue you see. If you use Windows own Zip extractor you should be able to extract the PDF without a problem. I'll get this passed onto the relevant team and get the zip file remade. I've tested the others and have had no issues with them.

Also the problem file is attached to Patrick's post here 

15 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

The FrankenToon quick start is here. Please can you tell me what program opens your .zip files?

I am very sorry for a false alarm. I made a stupid mistake since I did not notice that the drive where my downloads are stored was full. That was the cause for the archive not to unpack correctly. After I moved the ZIP-file to a different drive everything worked as expected. I'm off to clean up the download drive :$

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

16 hours ago, Alfred said:

I didn't get any error messages when I extracted the contents of the Tom Chalky archive. You might want to check that your download isn't corrupt.

Size: 380 MB (398,638,882 bytes)

MD5: 0AF7072F1BCCED8BF0E3C7866680F932
SHA-1: AFC52DFFD084BE25B592E24AD4A50F08DB415744
SHA-256: 7FD1D91275B95D35B158C360B459230D88D238876F54B8E6C07B6D02D49B418F

I was a little surprised to find that the above archive (and the two APh freebies that I've downloaded so far) don't have digital signatures.

Hi Alfred,

it was a false alarm from my side. The harddrive on which the downloaded archive was stored was full. That was the cause for not unpacking correctly. I moved everything to a different place and I now have all the files at hand.

Thanks for chiming in.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

15 hours ago, rubs said:

It doesn't open with 7-zip, but I was able to open it using Windows Explorer.

Thanks rubs, I got it sorted out, now.

d.

Trying to 'claim' the bonus Epic Skies download content  For Photo - Windows 10 - leads to a Affinity Store Checkout page https://affinity.store/en-gb/checkout/ <link moderated>  which does not open and just stays blank.

Exactly the same thing happens when trying to claim the extras for Designer https://affinity.store/en-gb/checkout/ <link moderated> 

• Staff
4 hours ago, venkatesh said:

The cloud macro is what i was looking for:).How ever the Blend drop down is not appearing in Ver 1.6 Windows.I am attaching the screen shot

Hi Venkatesh,

The dropdown is present and can be changed by using the one just under the Sky Opacity slider. The issue is that Windows is not displaying the 'Blend Mode' label that is shown on the video - this has been passed on to development, but the dropdown combo itself is there.

18 hours ago, rubs said:

It doesn't open with 7-zip, but I was able to open it using Windows Explorer.

That's sorted it out. All good now. 

18 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry, Until we work out what is wrong, please use this copy instead

QuickStart_Guide.pdf

As per what rubs said - I can open it using Windows Explorer. Your link requires permission I don't have by the way. 

Found the answer to my problem - cleared the browser cache - which enabled the relevant pages to open (?)

But when all the 'extras' downloads were shown and I clicked on (free) purchase I got the message "Basket has already been used" - clever Serif! I had already installed extras for Photo & Designer on my laptop.

I then logged into my Affinity account, where all the extras were shown and I was able to download them for my desktop.

• Staff
1 hour ago, bev sander said:

I am unable to install the download of 1.6 as soon as its downloaded I get the following message

Hi Bev,

Could you post the full folder location that you are trying to run the installer from please? For example C:\Users\name\Downloads\..

I have tried to download the trial of Affinity Photo 1.6.6 and when I install it tells me that the trial has finished. After a final try I checked the version and I am receiving 1.5.2 which I have already tried and has indeed expired. The website says that I am able to trial 1.6.6 but this doesn't seem to be available. I followed the link from the welcome email to download. Is there a solution, something I'm doing wrong or is this not allowed? I've also sent a request for this to the email address but suspect this is the quicker way to get through.

Thanks for any help.

• Staff

Hi Merluza,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

It's possible that there was some issue with the new 1.6 trial and we have temporarily removed it, keeping the previous one (1.5.2) available.

Let me check what's going on.

[EDIT] The 1.6 trials are not available yet. We will release them later (no eta) so we can include a couple fixes for issues detected after the 1.6 release.