You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi Flavio,

You are probably confusing it with the Wet Edges option in the context toolbar for the Paint Brush Tool maybe?

Oops, you are right!

Anyway, can you please tell me what is this new feature? And how can I use it?

WOW

I can see scroll bars for the work area, using the 'light theme'.

Never seen them since AD was released and I have a RETINA MAC Book.  The not available tools/options are also much easier to see.

My productivity will increase at least 50%

Thank you - but why did it take so long as you must have some CSS like implementation for the interface and its colouring.

• Staff

Hi @BenCLAES,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Which OS are you using Windows or Mac?

If you are on a Mac open the App Store app, go to the Updates tab on the top then click Update in front of the app in the list below. On Windows you should receive a notification with a download button that will direct you to a webpage from where you can download the installer.

Congratulations to the new release!

So Christmastime can come and get you all some sleep :D

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

35 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Flavio,

If it were it wasn't customisable i think! or are you confusing it with the Wet Edges option in the context toolbar for the Paint Brush Tool maybe?

I found the following reference to the custom wet brush on Affinity Photo Help / Modifying Brushes:

"Wet edges—sets the default 'wet edge' behavior of the brush. Select from the pop-up menu. Check Custom and apply a preset or custom profile, which subtly changes how watery the stroke appears."

But I can't find a "Custom" option on the pop-up menu...

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

11 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi @Flavio,

Check the screenshot below. You have to select a brush (1), click the small white menu icon on the top right of the Brushes panel to edit it (2), set Wet edges to on in the dropdown, tick the custom box (3), and press the small graph icon to customise it.

wet_brushes.jpg

This is weird, because I don't have that option on my screen!

aphoto-screencap.jpg

59 minutes ago, af-user said:

Congratulations to the new release!

So Christmastime can come and get you all some sleep

Uh ... NO. They will be busy on Christmas eve just like Santa's little helpers getting v1.7 ready :D

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Harrythespida said:

Do not get any notification of an update upon Affinity Photo opening........does this mean I have to pay for the update after 16 months of purchasing 1.5.2 ?

HarryTheSpida

Hi Harrythespida,

No, all minor updates (1.6, 1.7, 1.8 etc) are free until version 2 which is a major (and paid) upgrade.

Please restart the app. Make sure you don't have an anti-virus/firewall blocking the app's connection to the internet.

3 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Harrythespida,

No, all minor updates (1.6, 1.7, 1.8 etc) are free until version 2 which is a major (and paid) upgrade.

Please restart the app. Make sure you don't have an anti-virus/firewall blocking the app's connection to the internet.

Hi affinity team...

first Thanks..  the brush tool especially is a very welcome update.   Now i am browsing through the program, searching for the new features, and where to find them..

But.. Will there be a little update tutorial, from you, to easily bring us through all the new features '?  That would be very nice. or a more differentiated little pdf, with all the new fetures and how to use them ? would be for sure very welcome..

at last , i just tried to use and activate some shortcuts, but every time i tried to type in shortcuts i got the message  "DeadCharProcessed"  What does that mean ?