You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

• Staff
1 hour ago, dominik said:

First off, congratulations to the new release and many thanks for the additional bonus content. I also had a glimpse at the new web pages and the sample files. Very promising.

Unfortunately I can confirm Kiarian's report. The 'QuickStart_Guide.pdf' doesn't extract.

I also had problems to extract all files from the Tom Chalky archives. Some of them worked well, others gave an error message.

d.

The FrankenToon quick start is here. Please can you tell me what program opens your .zip files?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
5 minutes ago, rubs said:

There's also a problem previewing the font WhickerTC.ttf under Windows. It installs fine though.

Thanks rubs,

Could you please make a 'bugs on Windows' forum thread about this so it is not lost in the noise.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

13 minutes ago, rubs said:

There's also a problem previewing the font WhickerTC.ttf under Windows. It installs fine though.

That font previews fine for me in Windows Font Viewer. It took quite a while for the preview to generate, but that's hardly surprising for such a huge (1.16 MB) font. Edited to add: It opens instantly in my font editor.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

That font previews fine for me in Windows Font Viewer. It took quite a while for the preview to generate, but that's hardly surprising for such a huge (1.16 MB) font.

You're right! It does take a long time even with a very fast machine (mine is a i7-7700K), but the font performs quite well in Affinity Designer so this is actually a Windows issue, nothing wrong with the font. Thanks Alfred!

10 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Could you please make a 'bugs on Windows' forum thread about this so it is not lost in the noise

No need (see above).

The problem described by me at the beta test stage remained. The problem manifests itself on other computer components. Win 7 and Win 10 the problem is relevant.
My question is to the developers, whether any actions are being taken that would solve this problem, remains unanswered. Refusal from Adobe CC and purchase of Afinity as a whole left me satisfied, and even more. Very cool software. But there are problems that go from version to version. The problem with the inability to fully use the tablet for me is significant. I look forward to an early decision.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Downloaded the update

Launched Photo

Opened 576 meg file 

Make one crop, all goes well

Make a selection to eliminate the background, freeze and must force quit.

Open image again crop and save as native Photo file

Make a few selection to eliminate background, freeze and must force quit.

Repeat. Same result.

macOS10.12.6

iMac 27 inch 3.5GHz Core i7

• Staff

Hi GaryMulcahey,

Can you please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the app, then press Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the app please? You may lose some Preferences layout customisations you may have set/made but hopefully it may fix the issue. Let us know if you still have trouble after the reset.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Freek,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Do you have any program that may be blocking Affinity's connection like anti-virus/firewalls etc?

Have the same issue... Installed just fine, but no welcome screen. Mine is an update from AppStore and is supposed to be included in your offer. The Welcome screen doesn't load because of this. Is there a way to get the welcome screen to load?? Perhaps a preference which needs to be reset/deleted? A little more information would be helpful. Anyone to call or chat with???

techworkspro_v4_300x80.gif.1b0b1c7df511aeb341fc0dbba972a9bf.gif

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

iPad Pro, iOS 12, Affinity Photo, Designer

https://techworkspro.com 

Hmmm… don't want to report it as bug in case I miss something... but for some reason I can no longer open extra "Studio" panels in Affinity Designer (just loaded the latest update from the Mac App Store). E.g. if I go to "View > Studio > Symbols" then nothing happens. No new panel appears. Is my screen too small (1680x1050)? If I switch the application into the "separate windows" mode then it works and an extra window for the wanted Studio panel appears.

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot

13 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi GaryMulcahey,

Can you please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the app, then press Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the app please? You may lose some Preferences layout customisations you may have set/made but hopefully it may fix the issue. Let us know if you still have trouble after the reset.

Thanks!  That worked.

Hi!

I have just downloaded the updates for Designer and Photo. Install worked without problems but the programms just don't start (Windows; when I click on the files the computer is working for a few seconds, the program is also visible in the task manager and then nothing, no error message etc.)

Does anybody have the same issue and maybe a possible solution?

Solved: Reinstalled ("repair") the software, now it is working.

Regards

Edited by Major Tom
Solved

12 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi tokai,

Try to reset the Studio going to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Reset Studio. Does it fix the issue?

So far that seems to fix things (e.g. the "Symbols" sub window appeared again.)

Luckily I didn't lost too much UI layout customisation (I wasn't sure, else I probably would have tried the reset earlier ;) )

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot

• Staff

Hi @Flavio,

Check the screenshot below. It's the First Selected/Last Selected Items. You can now use them as reference/key objects to align other objects.

align_to_key_objects.png

Hi @ajames,

No, not yet, sorry. It's on our roadmap to launch before v2.0. Bear with us while we get there.

We haven't forgotten them.

Hi @Major Tom

Glad to know you've sorted it out.

5 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Flavio,

Check the screenshot below. It's the First Selected/Last Selected Items. You can now use them as reference/key objects to align other objects.

align_to_key_objects.png

Thanks for the quick reply!

Just one more question: what is this new feature "Custom brush wet edges"?

If I'm not mistaken, this was already available on older versions, wasn't it?