You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

TonyB

Downloaded the update from the Mac App Store and now every time I click on Affinity Photo - Preferences it crashes

Updated Mac to 10.13.1 Affinity Photo still crashes when selecting Preferences.

Deleted AP 1.6.6 Beta, made no difference, still crashing.

It would seem pressing Control on start up allows you to reset your preferences...

22 minutes ago, Kiarian said:

Just to report, an error message when trying to unzip the 'frankentoon-texturizerpro-brushes' file. I can drag everything to where I want it, apart from the 'QuickStart_Guide.pdf'. 

First off, congratulations to the new release and many thanks for the additional bonus content. I also had a glimpse at the new web pages and the sample files. Very promising.

Unfortunately I can confirm Kiarian's report. The 'QuickStart_Guide.pdf' doesn't extract.

I also had problems to extract all files from the Tom Chalky archives. Some of them worked well, others gave an error message.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Awesome! Great to have updates!

And thanks for the free content. However, I wanted to note that the "tom-chalky-handcrafted-fonts-textures" download is needlessly huge in file size - most of the PNGs in it are not compressed at all. I recommend anyone who downloads it to run the PNGs through ImageOptim (on Mac) or PNGGauntlet (on windows). Many come in at around 66MB, but when I ran them all through ImageOptim, most compressed down to around 100KB. ImageOptim reports: "Saved 3.89 GB out of 4.07 GB. 95.5% overall (up to 99.9% per file)", which is pretty crazy :)

To Serif: Running ImageOptim on those files and re-zipping the download would probably help to save a little download bandwidth and a lot of disk space for users!

musician | sound+video artist | engineer

arvidtomayko.comyourheaven.net

On Mac, how do i update from 1.5 to 1.6 when I bought the licenses through invoice (not apple app store)? On Affinity website under Downloads & Product Keys are the old versions (for now.. will there be an update soon)?

Thanks

• Staff
43 minutes ago, Sherbakov said:

That is a problem: i click download and just nothing happens. May be i need to wait. I am eager to install.

When you click the Download button it should launch a browser window. Are you sure you don't have a firewall/antivirus blocking the connection/app or a setting in Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge preventing the browser from being launched?

It will not load on my computer.  It will not copy the new files. It does not recognize me as administrator and even when run as administrator.  It removed my previous version and now I am without the program which I need.  Please fix this SAP. I need at least my old version so I can continue my work.  This is holding me up. I need it IMMEDIATELY. alc Fixed by restarting computer.

23 minutes ago, dominik said:

I also had problems to extract all files from the Tom Chalky archives. Some of them worked well, others gave an error message.

I didn't get any error messages when I extracted the contents of the Tom Chalky archive. You might want to check that your download isn't corrupt.

Size: 380 MB (398,638,882 bytes)

MD5: 0AF7072F1BCCED8BF0E3C7866680F932
SHA-1: AFC52DFFD084BE25B592E24AD4A50F08DB415744
SHA-256: 7FD1D91275B95D35B158C360B459230D88D238876F54B8E6C07B6D02D49B418F

I was a little surprised to find that the above archive (and the two APh freebies that I've downloaded so far) don't have digital signatures.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks to the Team for the great updat, and a bonus packs,:):)

so far no problems, i will keep testing.
best regards
Gnoblix

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

GO AFFINITY! Thanks for the new updates and the freebies! Thanks to all of the freebie contributors, I've been eyeing those Frankentoon texture brushes for a while now!! I promise to buy the next pack ;) thanks Enrique!

3 minutes ago, FloydWorx said:

Thanks, Alfred.

Ah, I thought, my purchases are kept track of and reflected in Myaccount keeping a record of what I'm entitled to.

Thanks, FloydWorx.

Ah, I thought you were suggesting that the download links should be made available generally to everyone who is logged in, rather than being targeted at specific users.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
1 hour ago, Kiarian said:

Many thanks for the update, and the free content. Very happy with this.

Just to report, an error message when trying to unzip the 'frankentoon-texturizerpro-brushes' file. I can drag everything to where I want it, apart from the 'QuickStart_Guide.pdf'. I'm getting the error:
1 Headers Error : QuickStart_Guide.pdf

Even when I try to just drag the file to my desktop.

Sorry, Until we work out what is wrong, please use this copy instead

QuickStart_Guide.pdf

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon