You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

switch outline & fill color by shortcut x, Color Chooser panel doesn't update

59fa8b8b31da5_switchcolorbyclicking.gif.20f0da5b5f69fcadc8228b8953750355.gif

↑ Switching by clicking, Color Chooser Panel update immediately. This works as expected.

59fa8b91dd0d1_switchcolorbyx.gif.a65550c4a565ed521c9111c336a14ef1.gif

↑ Switching by shortcut x, Color Chooser Panel doesn't upadte. I think it should be upadted as clicking does.

(It's the Gif recorder program's problem that in the first GIF the main color area doesn't change, but you can see the hue bar that are changing.)

I try it in 1.5.3.69, both clicking and shortcut works the some way. The choose color panel always updates.

---

1.6.0.89 beta

windows 10

IGNORE THIS POST - I GOT IT ALL WRONG!

Just tried this with Retail 1.5.3.69 and Beta 1.6.0.88…

I find that the Colour Chooser does always update to show the correct colour, regardless of whether I click with the mouse or use the keyboard shortcut, in both versions.

However in 1.5 the change is always instant, where in 1.6 the keypress is noticeably slower than the mouse click - there is a delay of around 1 second before the change is reflected.

Edited by Aammppaa
Ooops.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

@rubs & @seabirdr Ooops - you are both correct - it is broken!

I was mistakenly hitting Shift+X which was swapping the colours (slowly) rather than swapping the target between stroke & fill.

Sorry for adding confusion rather than helping :$

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

It works perfectly on my side... Win 10, retail version 1.6

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Another seemingly related bug in 1.6:

1. Start a new document.

2. Create a simple text.

3. Apply an outline. This updates the color swatch accordingly.

4. Undo. The color swatch doesn't update.

This seems only to occur with a new document or immediately after reverting to defaults.

2 hours ago, rubs said:

Another seemingly related bug in 1.6:

1. Start a new document.

2. Create a simple text.

3. Apply an outline. This updates the color swatch accordingly.

4. Undo. The color swatch doesn't update.

This seems only to occur with a new document or immediately after reverting to defaults.

I can confirm this. The outline remains with the object (according to the color swatch) even though I removed the outline by undoing the assignment of an outline.

This happens with text and with vector objects. But only with the first created item.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.