You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ok, I was drawing a line using brush 64. I guess I should have left it alone and added a color overlay, but instead, I hit the color and changed it to what I wanted.

After that I did not get the same effect. The brush was only 13.1 wide and not that fuzzy distressed look.

I ended up just copying in the one line that was the way I wanted and pasting and rotating them into place.

No matter what I tried I couldn't get the brush back the way it was. In fact, the more I tried, the worse things got until I had probably 6 brush 64s in the menu.

I gave up and rebooted the computer.

Started the program back up and I still can't get that brush back the way it  was. Now it is .06 wide and just a black line.

Obviously I have messed up something somewhere somehow.

How do I fix this?

What did I do wrong before (so I don't do THAT again)?

Sig

eye is the one where I got the first set of lines like I wanted after doing copy and paste.

why is what is happening now after a reboot.

eye.png

why.png

Try Edit > Preferences > Miscellaneous > Reset Brushes, although you will lose any custom brushes.

To avoid messing up an existing brush, right click on it, choose Edit Brush and down the bottom of the panel, choose Duplicate.  That will make a duplicate of the brush so you don't mess up the original. 

The duplicated brush will be at the very bottom of the Brushes panel. Edit that by right clicking and choosing Edit Brush. You can also rename it so the name will appear when you hover.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

ok I think I've got it now.

Not the way I've ever seen a brush work before. But if I draw the line first - which for some reason defaults to a dashed line. Then I turn it solid, then I hit the brush 64, it applies it to the line.

As long as I understand HOW to make it work, I will adapt.

It just didn't work the way I expected and so my results were all over the place and confusing me to no end.

Sig