You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Distort Portrait Image weirdly

I would like to distort some portrait images in a kinda weird-ish way.  The way I have it in my mind is as if the images were melting, you know like candle wax running down the side of a bottle or like ink which has come into contact with water and the image is partially distorted.  Is this possible and if so what is the best way to go about it?  ~ Much'O Thanks in advance.

I think the lack of response to this thread means what you want is harder than it sounds.

One technique you could try is... adding a transparent texture on top the image, change texture to black and white, set blend mode to soft light, adjust 3d fx and bevel/emboss fx, add some gaussian blur.  Resizing and erasing parts of the texture until it looks OK.

If you are just doing this for fun this should be Ok but if you want it to look professional there is probably a lot more work required to achieve that.

(I may have another go when I have more time)

face.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Carl123 ~ Thanks -Thanks & Thanks again! and not only that even bigger thanks for showing me the photo it is so, so close to what I have in mind and I will follow your workflow as best as I can. I'm hoping to do a similar thing to the lips and chin area. ~ Digbydo says thanks again

Ok here's a more subtle effect, with a little more time spend on it.

melting face.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.