You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Middle Click on Wacom pen should persist while changing number values

This may be convoluted to explain, but please bear with me, it's quite interesting!

I would like to suggest a change, or an improvement, to the behaviour of number dials (fields?). More often I would like this tweak to be implemented in the Character and Paragraph panels. They are the main panels where you have a tonne of numbers in little boxes! So, this...

A Wacom pen's second button is usually set to Middle Mouse, which makes it great for panning, zooming etc, and should make it great for dialing numbers in to little boxes - but with Affinity, it currently doesn't. You can easily hold the middle button and scroll numbers, which is great, but only within the number's little box - as soon as your cursor goes beyond the box's bounds, it cuts out, or sometimes worse, will begin dialing the numbers in the box above or below the one you wanted to change, which is horribly frustrating. The thing is, that while you are trying to change the number with your middle button, you are still holding that button down - I would expect the numbers to keep changing always while I have the middle button held down, regardless of where the actual cursor is - once you have initiated the number change, but middle clicking on the number in its little box, the mouse cursor should be pretty much ignored as long as you have the button held down.

I am aware that the current set up works absolutely fine on a normal mouse, as you just leave the cursor inside the number field and scroll leisurely away on your mouse wheel, but please try this with a Wacom pen (other styluses are available) and try to understand where I'm coming from? Honestly, this small change will make the products a whole lot more comfortable for graphics tablet users.

Thanks for listening!

Wayne