You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.88 / 89

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is a beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• [Build 89] Added missing icons for Dial (Radial Controller) menu
  • Added additional sample documents
  • Show the tone mapping Main section if the current overlay applies to the original image
  • Fixed 32-bit gamma and exposure for solo nodes 
  • Added Show All / Hide All to Layer menu
  • Fixed crop tool to be more sensible on portrait documents
  • Added missing toggle panel visibility keyboard shortcuts
  • Fixed crash when right clicking during drag in curves adjustment
  • Fixed progress bar colours on Windows 7
  • Fixed layout of JPG and PNG controls on Export dialog
  • Fixed Selection Refinement adjustment brushes to operate on full resolution 
  • Fixed Selection Refinement giving strange results with CMYK documents

Wow, haven't got to '87 yet. Thank you

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

I do like the New Document screens. Also, startup and loading of documents is very quick in relation to '86

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

I have an issue with the crop tool that I think was introduced in .86. As you can seen in the screenshots, crop tool's handles scale with zoom. An small zoom values, I think that handles are rendered correctly, but at values over about 10% they start to shrink. The shrink keeps going until about 80%. After that, handles get bigger and bigger!

Crop 1.png

Crop 2.png

Crop 3.png

I can confirm this behaviour

Wow, the test of beta 1.06.0.87 it has not finished yet, there is already a new beta.
Many thanks to the team.

@b14ckfir3...... here works, the crop tool correctly.

Best Regards

Gnobelix

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

52 minutes ago, Dave Quail said:

I can confirm this behaviour

On my side it works fine at any zoom sizes. Handles stays the right size.

Win 10

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Just a few hours ago 1.5 crashed with well known and reported HDR merge (denoise, deghosting..., error 05 without log)

Right now tested this latest (88) beta with the same photo set - a least several times faster merging, denoise and tone mapping - no crash!!!

this subject requires more testing but so far - excellent!

thanks to a whole team!

Attention to the cursor. Why on the thumbs is it more than the minimum size? When you touch the surface of the tablet with a stylus, this circle is drawn. The minimum pressing force draws such a circle. But if you draw a line with a minimum amount of pressure, the size will be different.
Below is the graph of the actual behavior of the tablet. Wacom PTH-451 Win7-46bit.

2.png.c25cdef30a6a99ee6efa2f0d9192bad1.png3.thumb.png.627ccf2301e37da9a3c7c8494d8e179c.png

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Problems with the stabilization of the brush. She does not work. The stroke is clearly broken. I installed the program on another computer, I tried different graphic tablets result one broken line instead of a smooth stroke. 

hGkL5or9nEE.jpg

Agreed, done a couple of admittedly simple panos tonight and loading/stitching felt quicker.

Don't suppose nudging will be added to crop tool any time soon, would be so helpful when working with large panos!

I was excited to see that the issue with RAW and other documents open was gone in the .88, then I installed the .89 and the issue is back.

Too bad, I have deleted the .88 from my hard drive.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

4 hours ago, verysame said:

I was excited to see that the issue with RAW and other documents open was gone in the .88, then I installed the .89 and the issue is back.

Too bad, I have deleted the .88 from my hard drive.

The only change from 88 => 89 was adding missing PNG files to the installer, there have been no code changes.

1 minute ago, Mark Ingram said:

The only change from 88 => 89 was adding missing PNG files to the installer, there have been no code changes.

Mark,

Is it the 0.88 still available somewhere?

I would like to check this issue again, as with the 0.88 it didn't happen. The curious thing is, I did open the same exact images in both cases.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch