figarojew

Can't unify tools and lock in place

Please see the attached screenshot. Something happened and now all my tools and toolbar (wish there were better terms for everything) are all over the place. I did manage to figure out "Merge Windows" gets two documents into tabs, but even when I've done that, the app stays in "separated mode." Help!

affinity fix.jpg

Hi Figarojew

If you go to Window  and click Separated mode do the panels snap back into place? If this doesn't solve your issue please could you try going to View > Studio > Reset Studio.

Thanks

C

Hi @figarojew

In case you have not discovered this, the toolbars & the Studio & Tool panel positions in separated mode are independent of those in unseparated mode, & "sticky" separately for each mode. In other words, if you are in Separated Mode & move the panels and/or toolbars to where you want, the next time you enable that mode they will be in the same places, unaffected by how you position them in the unseparated mode.

"Windows" in this context refers to the workspace windows (containing canvases & Artboards), but not to toolbars or panels. In Separated Mode, panels & toolbars are always "floating" (not belonging to any workspace window). In the unseparated mode, the panels but not the toolbars may either be floating or docked.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1