You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.87

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is a beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed font substitutions being ignored on PDF import
  • Fixed blurry icons on the Character panel
  • Fixed missing fonts not showing with '?'
  • Speculative fix for some Huion tablets failing to initialise properly
  • Speculative fix for some Huion tablets crashing on pen down 
  • Added SVG import of hsla colours
  • Fixed Save As dialog not using the current document's path
  • Removed 'Tint' from Lens Filters 
  • Fixed Blend Ranges dialog incorrectly greying out the input boxes
  • Fixed Live filters not remembering their position
  • Fixed noise for raster fills
  • Fixed Perspective Tool crash with empty layers
  • Fixed alignment of open lines to no longer affect their dash (will affect how old documents draw)
  • Fixed single export formats cannot be removed from a Slice properly 
  • Fixed font size combobox loses focus on arrow key up/down 
  • Fixed being unable to remove Height/Width value in Batch dialog 
  • Fixed Solo mode ending after using Node Tool 
  • Fixed copy/paste style not displaying copied strokes if the target object doesn't have a stroke set 
  • Fixed selection refinement brushing offset
  • Fixed crash when undoing the Flip Vertical macro applied to an empty pixel layer 

Thanks for update and loaded with no problems.

Raw raf files still so long to load. Any chance of an improvement?

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

35 minutes ago, Max N said:

Is there any chance that the Wacom tablet will work correctly to the final version?

I don't know which model you have, but mine has been working flawlessly since the last few beta versions. Wacom CTH-470.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

2 hours ago, AlainP said:

I don't know which model you have, but mine has been working flawlessly since the last few beta versions. Wacom CTH-470.

wacom PTH-451, Win7-x64.

in AP, the tablet incorrectly draws the point size. Artifacts of the mix brush. Hanging with the tool of lightening. These are the three problems that I encounter regularly. Judging by the form, I'm not the only one experiencing a problem. I hope that to the saber version we will get a working tool that will work.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

On Win 7, the Beta always hangs/freezes and takes 10-12% of CPU power the Error message which comes when it finally crashes is:

65d9b21d-d5a2-4bef-81cc-1c7b4e755132

* the Crash report has been sent.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | gumroad.com/myclay
Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

If I have a document open and then I open a RAW image, Develop Persona gets very sluggish, with the mouse jittering and having a delay.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Thanks Mark, appreciate the hard work! Am going through it tonight.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870