You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAW Import drives me mad

Sorry for bothering with my beginners questions to LR...

I'd like to Setup a offline workflow on iPad with my Fuji X-Pro1, using RAW files. 

I imported the files to Photo, then started Affinity iPad, and went to the Import/open page. But when I select "Photo", nothing is visible - empty page. But I can import via Cloud as well as I can Import files from Photo to Snapseed. 

What is wrong with me or my Setup?

Thanks in advance!

Markus

10 hours ago, Lee D said:

Hi Markus,

Welcome to the forums.

It may be that Affinity Photo hasn't been given access to Photos, you can check this in Settings >  Photo > Photos > Read and Write.

Not in my case , AP has been given read & write. I am using Fujifilm X-E3 with jpeg+compressed raw.  Snapseed can open the jpeg from camera roll, but AP cannot.  AP show all camera roll files as raw.  

• Staff
19 hours ago, Krist said:

Not in my case , AP has been given read & write. I am using Fujifilm X-E3 with jpeg+compressed raw.  Snapseed can open the jpeg from camera roll, but AP cannot.  AP show all camera roll files as raw.  

The Fujifilm X-E3 isn't currently on the iOS 11 supported RAW list, but the E1, E2 and E2S are. Affinity will show the files that are passed to it from Photos, can you confirm if you are seeing the RAW files from that camera when importing from Photos within Affinity.

11 hours ago, Lee D said:

The Fujifilm X-E3 isn't currently on the iOS 11 supported RAW list, but the E1, E2 and E2S are. Affinity will show the files that are passed to it from Photos, can you confirm if you are seeing the RAW files from that camera when importing from Photos within Affinity.

My iOS 11.1 does import the X-E3 files (jpeg+compressed raw). I can view the jpeg files in the camera roll using the photo app. Snapseed can access the jpeg files directly from camera roll and edit them.  AP cannot open the jpeg files stored in camera roll directly. It can do it indirectly if I export the files to iCloud Drive.  I have over 1000 files, it is not practical to export them to iCloud. I understand compressed raw is not support currently, but there should be a way to open the jpeg files from camera roll.