You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers and groups

Hi. I have to work in different languages, so what I normally do is making layers for the different languages text, one for each language, and when i need to export I just choose the right one and lock the others. This is really a hard thing to with the layers system we have now. In my opinion will be a good idea to be able to group elements of different layers just for faster access and choosing but not to move them from the actual position, just to turn them on or off. That could be a great feature for me. Been able, for instance, creating a group and calling it (Languages) and drop there all languages layers in proper order for activating or deactivating, while the actual text still in the proper position.

An other good thing could be the possibility to choose in what order new working tables would be created in the right menu as it is now goes in the wrong direction for and I keep making  some silly mistakes when exporting or printing.

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

• Staff

Hi Joaquim,

Are you working with Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo? No matter how you have structured/grouped your layers you can always untick the checkmark in front of each layer in the Layers panel to hide them. So if you are using several text layers/objects for each language, you group them by language then tick/untick the checkbox in front of the group to show/hide that particular language. Am i missing something?