Resimovic

Resizing parent shape's boundaries

Lock children.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Use the Constraints panel.

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

If this is what you want to do, as I said, you can use Constraints. If you don't find the panel, go to View > Studio > Constraints. Here is a little example:

• Select the children.
  • You will see the white arrows.

Const_01.png

• Click on them until they look like this.

Const_02.png

• Now you can resize the container without changing the size of the inner object.

Const_03.png

Best regards!

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

4 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Resimovic,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you please attach the file with the objects you are trying to resize (you can delete the rest) so we can see what type of objects are you working with and their layer structure?

Thanks.

Ok, solution with Constrain panel resolve my problem THX

For more information about Constraints, you can check these videos:

23 minutes ago, Resimovic said:

I'v try this but same result as unlocked, child is resizing anyway

Unlocking the child layers does prevent them from being resized when the parent is resized, but I now see that is not really what you were trying to do.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1