You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been through each of the settings tabs (Affinity Designer for Windows) and cannot for the life of me find a way to increase the recent files list.  I have seen some posts that suggest it is in the general tab of the preferences on Mac but I do not see it on the windows version.

Where would I change this to increase the number of files on the list of recent files opened?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

• Staff

Hi Frameshifter,

There is no way to increase this file limit I'm afraid. I recommend making a post about this on our Feature Requests page found below :)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/6-feature-requests-suggestions-and-feedback/

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 10/28/2017 at 7:51 PM, Frameshifter said:

I have seen some posts that suggest it is in the general tab of the preferences on Mac but I do not see it on the windows version.

Just to be clear about that, on Macs it is an OS level feature, appearing in the Mac OS System Preferences > General section. It applies to all apps that include an "Open Recent" item in their File menus, as well as where a choice of recent apps & servers is offered. It is not a feature of the Affinity preferences.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Windows doesn't include a system-level option per se.

Any application that is pinned to the taskbar does have a recent file list, though. One right-clicks the application icon on the taskbar to see the recent file list.

capture-001478.png.baaf7753ac7114b6099c54fb12d8f353.png

In Windows 7 (and possibly Win8) one can set the number of this "jump list" but in Windows 10 that number is fixed to 12 recent files. That number can be adjusted using the registry, but the UI for customizing the number has been removed.

On 10/30/2017 at 6:44 AM, MikeW said:

Windows doesn't include a system-level option per se.

Any application that is pinned to the taskbar does have a recent file list, though. One right-clicks the application icon on the taskbar to see the recent file list.

capture-001478.png.baaf7753ac7114b6099c54fb12d8f353.png

In Windows 7 (and possibly Win8) one can set the number of this "jump list" but in Windows 10 that number is fixed to 12 recent files. That number can be adjusted using the registry, but the UI for customizing the number has been removed.

This is a great work around.  Being on Win10 I am still related to the limit of 12 unfortunately.  I'll check out a registry hack for this.  Thanks for the reply.

• 8 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 11:21 AM, Frameshifter said:

This is a great work around.  Being on Win10 I am still related to the limit of 12 unfortunately.  I'll check out a registry hack for this.  Thanks for the reply.

Frameshifter, if you're still around, did you ever find that registry hack?