Rich mack

Possible bug in browser section

I have had problems with some images edited in Affinity refusing to open.

I discovered there was a naming conflict between two files in the browser section.

The name of one file had been assigned to another file resulting in two completely different image files in the browser having the same name.

Checking the original raw files on the flash card one had the name _dsc0026, and the other _dsc1009.

Seems some wires may have got crossed in Affinity.

Hey Rich mack,

Any idea how I can attempt to reproduce this and have you managed to reproduce this since posting? As far as I am aware, it is perfectly fine to have multiple files of the same name as we don't even warn you about it. 

On 11/1/2017 at 5:46 AM, Chris B said:

Hey Rich mack,

Any idea how I can attempt to reproduce this and have you managed to reproduce this since posting? As far as I am aware, it is perfectly fine to have multiple files of the same name as we don't even warn you about it. 

I have no idea how to reproduce it. Nothing new has occurred, but I've been using the export feature to make sure I have a backup of each file I work on now just in case.

Do you have any information about how to recover a file that won't open after working on it in Affinity, or where it's located so I can attach it in future post to this forum?

Hey :)

You can click the 'Save as Copy' from the preferences button on the Home Screen. You should be able to move that to the cloud and then attach it here so we can pass it to dev.