You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snapping to visible objects only

Hi, i'm trying to do some perspective sketching, but Affinity Designer starts to act weird when i'm trying to snap only visible objects. First the snapping works fine, but after some switching between move and pen tool, and hiding/showing layers Designer starts to show hidden layers in yellow color.

If you look the attached image '1.png' - this is what i see when using Pen tool: hidden groups vp1 and vp2 are shown in yellow color - well i guess all are shown in yellow color. Image '2.png' shows what i was expecting to see: only vp3 groups and the black line.

Any ideas how i can exclude the hidden groups from snapping and disable the yellow highlighting? Or is this a bug...

Cheers

-k

AD 1.5.3.69 / Win10 64 bit

1.png

2.png

perspective.afdesign

• Staff

Hi KiLa,

Welcome to the forums :)

With the Pen Tool selected if you click the button in my below screenshot your file should look normal!

Thanks

Callum

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.23.17.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff
13 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi KiLa,

Can you please attach you afdesign file so we can take a look at what's going on?

Thanks.

Its already attached to the first post it took me a little while to spot it at first! :D 

21 minutes ago, KiLa said:

Hi Callum, doesn't seem to help.

-kimmo

That solved the issue at my end which is odd! I'll look into this further and get back to you :)

• Staff

Please could you try unticking Snap to Object Geometry to see if the yellow lines disappear? However it does look as though this setting may be ignoring the Only Snap to Visible Objects setting :S 

C