You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I first started photography many years ago most of my work was in black and white. One technique I used to employ in the darkroom was that of 'Tone Reduction', This was effected by making several different prints of the same image onto lith film at different exposures and then using those negatives to make several different screens for screen printing - the effect is one of layers of flat colour from light to dark, similar to posterization, but with full control over colour and tone.

So:

Is anyone out there familiar with tone reduction?

Has anyone tried to do tone reduction with Affinity?

Does anyone know if tone reduction is possible with Affinity?

Or have I just not found my way to a tutorial about it yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Is it possible to explain in a bit more detail about this process? Have you ever done 'Tone Reduction' in other apps? If so, how was that achieved? I'm sure it's possible in Affinity Photo but we just need a bit more info :)