You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Refresh problem + memory usage

I'm working on one file. The memory usage seems huge to me...

memory.PNG.f855de2d1242da3f836c38672a358f95.PNG

Another problem appears when I move / delete an artboard.

Before refreshing (20sec)

before.PNG.77e8d982d179d82af7455c3223f1de09.PNG

After

after.PNG.a159e66db73768e3777aaed48a40f88c.PNG

When you have to manipulate a lot of artboard, it becomes problematic... :)

Have a good day !

Windows 10 21H2 -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz - 16,0 Go - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

• Staff

Thanks for the file. I've had a look at the main bulk of memory is being taken up by loading the history that has been saved to the document. I resaved the file as a new file without the history which not only dramatically reduced the file size, but also took the memory usage down to about 1.4GB. If you want to retain the history you could save a second file without history, to reduce the filesize, and then re-enable save with history and continue to work on that new file. This allows you to reduce memory usage, but also retain the previous history (albeit in a separate file).

I also noticed that you have a lot of pixels layers that are between 800-2200dpi! It would probably help exporting these as 300dpi PNGs and placing them (like you did with the background), as it would need to store so much pixel data in memory then. Lastly you could also reduce your background to about half the size as well and that will also help!

Sorry ! I had completely forgotten that I saved the history... :o It works great know and I'm happy the problem comes from my stupidity... :P

Have a good day !

Windows 10 21H2 -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz - 16,0 Go - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.