jgardner04

Can't use brush or fill on pixel layer

I have a photo I am trying to process. I wanted to create a new layer and fill it with grey. I created the layer and to my surprise after selecting a color, any color, I can't get it to fill. I then tried to just brush in the color and can't get that to work either. I can see drawings work in another document and if I draw on the mask on it seems to work fine. It is likely user error as I try to make the switch over from PS.

Hi jgardner04

Can you just check a couple of things for me. Firstly do you have the layer selected, secondly on the colour panel can you check that the opacity slider is set to 100% and not at 0

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I can confirm yes to both. If I draw on a mask layer in the same document, I don't have any issues. I can also get it to work in a new document with the same one open. It is very strange.

Hi jgardner04,

Are you sure you don't have any small active selection around? Press ⌘ (cmd) + D to deselect any selection that may be active and try again.

Regarding painting with the brush, check if you have Protect Alpha ticked in the context toolbar - untick it if so. Also make sure the opacity and flow are not set to 0% there.