You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First, I have finally got off the Adobe treadmill and have purchased Affinity Photo and like

it quite a bit.  However, there are a few quirks I need to get used to or workaround, perhaps

temporarily.

The first issue I have run across is color space and plugins.

First, my Adobe workflow was:

Lightroom->Photoshop-> Plugin(s)->Photoshop

My new work flow is now:

DXO Optics Pro->Affinity Photo->Plugin(s)->Affinity Photo

In the Adobe flow, I was working in the Pro Photo colorspace until it was time to 

print, post, or otherwise finalize and then convert to required color space.

Using Pro Photo color space in my new environment passes incorrect color info

to my plugins, i.e. the colors are dramatically different.  This was not the case

in the Adobe flow.

If it matters, the plugins in question are Neat Image and Topaz Lab's Topaz Studio

both of which claim compatibility, but both exhibit the same color issue that was not

present using the Adobe flow.

Currently, a workaround seems to be to use the sRGB color space.  Using this, the colors do remain

true throughout the process.  So, it seems the plugins are not being sent any color info or incorrect

color info.

Other than the color issue, both plugins are working very well with Affinity Photo.

So, my question, is this a bug, limitation, or something already being sorted out.

I am using the MacApp Store version of your product.

As an aside, I see a variety of "sRGB" profiles (.icc files).  For best compatibility,

which one should be maintained through the workflow, or does it not really matter?