You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photoshop Plugin TinyPNG - will it run on Affinity?

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi Frink,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
No, Affinity Photo only supports (image) filter plugins. Other plugin types are not supported.

OK... Thank you for the mega fast reply! This should maybe be my first feature request ;)
No joke... If you work for the web image compression is an important topic.
Anyway a great piece of Software!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

TinyPNG is pretty good for my requirements it regularly saves 93% off my file sizes, especially when working on image sequence batches. I use the web version of TinyPNG but also have the Mac version of the Photoshop plugin, unfortunately Affinity Photo doesn't recognise the plugin. I have contacted TinyPNG about this (support@tinify.com) and they said:

Sadly, the Photoshop plugin is not compatible with Affinity Photo. It only works with Photoshop CC.
Currently, there are no plans on our roadmap for creating a plugin for Affinity Photo. However, I've added this feature request to our list of possible improvements. If anything changes, we'll be sure to let you know.

After I replied saying I'd contact Affinity to see if there's anything they could do from their side to make the plug-in compatible. They said:-

Thanks for contacting Affinity about the plugin support. If they reply back with anything of importance, feel free to let us know.

It would be brilliant if either it could be made compatible with AP or if TinyPNG, in conjunction with Affinity, made a specific Affinity Photo version.
Perhaps a similar feature could be added to Affinity's batch processing feature, independently ?