You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Focus Stacking in Beta (1.6.0.86)

The latest beta can't do focus stacking, it just overloads the processor (also an I7) and basically makes the PC useless for anything else while it is running, or attempting to align the images for a focus stack, the only escape after a long wait for anything else to happen is to power the PC off. A pity as the earlier 1.6 series betas did some awesome focus stacking.

Then there is the layer problem., try adding a layer then moving whatever image is in that layer, it just stays in the same spot dragging the whole image along with it.

The only reason I've stayed with affinity is that the selection tools work well and just do their job, but with the artifacts that seem to have just appeared on all images after focus stacking, (with the production version) it becomes quite a chore to select anything as you have to spend quite a while cleaning up what should have been clean edges from the focus stack. This is the first time ever for me that beta programs have regressed  from a great start. A pity actually.

Hi Proshot69

As previously replied, the focus stacking is working the same for me here. this may be specific to the files or type of files you are using. Would you be able to upload the files you are having issues with using this link so we can look into the issue for you.

Are you also able to expand on your layer problem? can you give an detailed steps or screenshots/video of what you are seeing and expecting to see?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

If you examine the edges of the opal in this picture you will see what I mean, about artifacts, the stone is superbly cut and smooth oval, not what you see in the picture.
The quartz crystal in this picture picked up a blue 'patch' which doesn't appear in any of the stack images. I'm not uploading the stack images as they are all each roughly 150 megabytes in size, Canon RAW images.

GilsonBlackOpalSS.png

22553087_183538658880013_1311312096000880110_o(1).jpg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.