Jon1

Problems with Inpainting Brush Tool

I'm trying to remove  something from a picture , and tried Inpainting Brush Tool. It worked fine , but not 100% happy with the result , so then tried the Healing Brush Tool.Result was ok , but when going back to the Inpainting Brush Tool it would not work at all. Returned to the  Healing Brush Tool with same problem.

After restarting Affinity Photo everything worked fine again.This has happend to me several times.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong , but I can't figure out what ?

Hi @Jon1

I noticed that in both your screenshots, your Background layer is locked (indicated by the lock icon in the Layers panel). This means you cannot select it by clicking on it in the canvas, although of course you can by clicking on it in the Layers panel. To unlock the layer, click on the lock icon in the Layers panel.

The layer probably was locked because this is the default, but if you want you can change that in the Preferences:

59ef68a9d068c_UIprefs.png.0269138056720ac4e9915a197c8a0bd1.png

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

18 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Hi @Jon1

This means you cannot select it by clicking on it in the canvas, although of course you can by clicking on it in the Layers panel.

Thanks , I unlocked it in the Preferences.

I know how to click on it in the Layers Panels , but how am I doing it in the canvas ? ( English is not my native language )